MBCA - Legends of the Autobahn 2016
MBCA - Legends of the Autobahn
Registration closed August 7, 2016 11:59 PM on August 7, 2016 11:59 PM PDT Registration ends August 7, 2016 11:59 PM on August 7, 2016 11:59 PM PDT Registration opens March 1, 2016 12:00 AM on March 1, 2016 12:00 AM PST Registration runs from March 1, 2016 12:00 AM to August 7, 2016 11:59 PM
Welcome to the MBCA Legends of the Autobahn(r) 2016 presented by Michelin. The Mercedes-Benz Club of America invites you to be part of the exuberance of this very popular event. Co-hosted by MBCA, BMW Car Club of America, and Audi Club North America, this one-day MBCA national special event puts the spotlight on distinctive German metal--three of the finest marques in the world. We're excited that Michelin USA will once again be the presenting sponsor. We're also pleased to welcome back Keith Martin, editor and publisher of Sports Car Market, as emcee. Legends of the Autobahn is presented at the prestigious Nicklaus Club in Monterey, California.
MBCA members are invited to show their Mercedes-Benz in the Concours, Corral, or the Silver Star Preservation Class:
Judged Concours: All Mercedes-Benz models from 1996 and older are welcome in the seven judged Concours classes. Vehicles will compete for Best in Class, Best of Marque, along with People's Choice and other special awards. A $75 registration fee applies to cars in the Concours classes.
- Class 1: 1886-1962 Vintage Cabriolet, Convertible, Roadster
- Class 2: 1886-1959 Vintage Sedans, Coupes
- Class 3: 1963-1971 Classic Cabriolet, Coupe, Roadster
- Class 4: 1960-1971 Classic Sedan and Station Wagon
- Class 5: 1972-1996 Modern Cabriolet, Convertible, Roadster
- Class 6: 1972-1996 Modern Coupe, Sedan and Station Wagon
- Class 7: Special Class for Classic Performance: Mercedes-Benz built in 1996 or prior that have been modified or tuned. This includes cars that have been modified for performance and/or appearance, such as pre-merger models from AMG, or modified Mercedes-Benz from Lorinser or Brabus.
- Display-only Car Corral: Mercedes-Benz models of all ages are welcome in Corral. The three car clubs will have separate Concours judging, but the corral area will combine all three marques. A $40 registration fee applies to cars entered into the corral.
- Silver Star Preservation: This special class is for members who want to show their well-preserved, largely original, and unrestored-since-new Mercedes-Benz on the Concours field, but not have it judged. It is intended for driver-quality cars that have withstood the ravages of time, climate, and daily driving. To enter this class, your car must be 25 or more years old, be in good working order, driven to this event under its own power, and be largely original (including engine and drivetrain). Partial refurbishments of various components are acceptable, but not complete restorations (those should register in a judged class 1-7). An MBCA judge will evaluate the vehicle, and after it is certified, the owner will receive a special Silver Star Certificate in recognition of the preservation of originality and maintenance of functionality. $60 registration fee will apply for entries in the Silver Star Preservation Class.
Many activities and delights will keep you busy and engaged during the day. After mingling among the vehicles on the field, you can visit the special manufacturers’ displays, food and beverage tents, a biergarten, club and vendor booths, and more.
$75 registration fee will apply for entries in the Concours in one of seven judged classes for 1996 and older vehicles, including the Classic Performance class. $40 registration fee will apply for entries in the "display-only" Corral (Mercedes of all ages and models). The buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, VIP lunch, and Legends of the Autobahn polo shirts are optional.
If you're thinking of bringing your Mercedes-Benz to Legends of the Autobahn, perhaps this quote from Car and Driver will convince you: "Legends is far more convivial than competitive. Everyone is there for the love of German metal and that exuberance courses through showgoers and those with cars on display alike." Register your car now, and spend a fun-filled day with other enthusiasts among beautiful cars!