May 2015 ///M Club Day at Spartanburg
Registration closed March 15, 2015 11:00 PM on March 15, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Registration ends March 15, 2015 11:00 PM on March 15, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Registration opens January 18, 2015 7:00 PM on January 18, 2015 7:00 PM EST Registration runs from January 18, 2015 7:00 PM to March 15, 2015 11:00 PM
The National Capital and Tarheel Chapters are headed back to the BMW Performance Center in Greer, South Carolina on May 9th for our first ///M Club Day driving event of 2015. As always, the Performance Center provides current model ///M cars, instructors, gas, tires, lunch and a first-class facility for a fun-filled day at the track. Just show up ready to drive!
The focus is on improving your driving skills through a combination of driving exercises, classroom instruction and competitive events. No helmets or previous driving school experience is required. All skill levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.
This school is a special program designed by the Performance Center staff specifically for the National Capital and Tarheel chapters. It will be similar to previous ///M Club Day events, which have included instruction on proper driving position, vehicle dynamics, car-control skills, weight-transfer, oversteer/understeer and improved vision. The day is divided into morning and afternoon sessions which mix skill exercises and competitive events, including skid pad wet/dry courses, braking and handling practice, autocross and more.
We will be driving current model BMW ///M Cars for this event. Please note that the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to this program, so session contents and the cars available may vary from one school to the next.
Our event hotel is the Greenville Marriott. The special BMW rate includes the breakfast buffet for up to two people plus Internet service. Register at:www.marriott.com/GSPAP and enter BMW as the Corporate code. The Marriott has a great lobby bar for getting together after the driving and dinner events. Remember, no food service is available for breakfast Saturday morning at the Performance Center.
Friday May 8, 2015
- 5:45 AM - Meet and sign-in at the Manassas Cracker Barrel, just off I-66W
- 6:00 AM - NoVa Convoy leaves for Greer, SC
- 3:00 PM - Visit to the Zentrum and factory tour (if the factory is open for tours.)
- 5:30 PM - Hotel Check-In
- 6:30 PM - Group Dinner @ Barley's in Greenville
Saturday May 9, 2015
- 8:00 AM - Meet @ Performance Center
- 8:15 AM - Drive day begins
- 5:00 PM - Drive day ends
- 6:30 PM - Group Dinner @ Blue Ridge Brewing Company in Greenville
Sunday May 10, 2015
- Drive home as a group or on-your-own.
The Fine Print. Please read carefully!!!
- All drivers must be BMW CCA members or attend with a club member who pays for the event. In other words, the payment for all school attendees must come from a club member. More information is available by contacting the event coordinator.
- NCC and Tarheel chapter members have first acceptance priority, then BMW CCA members from other chapters.
- The NCC and the Tarheel event coordinators accept applicants into this school independently (16 NCC and 16 Tarheel) through the MotorsportReg.com registration site.
- Each BMW CCA member can bring one non-member under their membership/registration/payment.
- Contact BMW CCA Headquarters to become a member of the NCC and/or Tarheel chapters for priority acceptance.
- Acceptance into this event will be made on or about March 15th, 2015 by the event coordinators.
- Registration on this site does not constitute acceptance into this event. It places you in the registration queue and on the wait list.
- All drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver's license.
- The cost of $660.00 includes driving Performance Center cars, tires, gas, instructors and lunch on Saturday at the Performance Center.
- Travel expenses, meals and lodging costs are the responsibility of the attendees and not included in the $660 event registration fee.
- You do not have to own a BMW or M-car to attend this event. (However, be prepared to purchase one when you return home after the event.)
- Factory tours will be available at the discretion and schedule of the factory.
- Completely enclosed shoes are required for the factory tour - No Exceptions!
Directions to NoVa convoy start:
From the Washington, DC, Beltway (I-495)
- Take I-495 to I-66 west.
- Exit at 47B (north 234).
- Turn right at traffic light onto Battleview Parkway to the Cracker Barrel.
From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695)
- Take I-95 south to I-495 west.
- Follow the directions above.