///M Club Day at Spartanburg
Registration closed September 1, 2013 11:59 PM on September 1, 2013 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends September 1, 2013 11:59 PM on September 1, 2013 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens January 6, 2013 9:00 AM on January 6, 2013 9:00 AM EST Registration runs from January 6, 2013 9:00 AM to September 1, 2013 11:59 PM
The National Capital and Tarheel Chapters are headed back to South Carolina on October 5th for our final ///M Club Day driving event of 2013 at the BMW Performance Center.
As always, the Performance Center provides current model ///M cars, instructors, gas, tires, lunch and a first-class facility for a fun-filled day. Just show up ready to drive! The school’s focus is to improve your driving skills through a combination of driving exercises, classroom instruction and competitive events. No helmets or previous driving school experience is required. All skill levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.
This school is a special program designed by the Performance Center staff specifically for the National Capital and Tarheel chapters. It will be similar to previous ///M Club Day events, which have included instruction on proper driving position, vehicle dynamics, car-control skills, weight-transfer, oversteer / understeer and improved vision. The day is divided into morning and afternoon sessions which mix skill exercises and competitive events, including skid pad wet/dry courses, braking and handling practice, autocross and more.
We will be driving current model BMW ///M Cars for this event. Please note that the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to this program, so session contents and the cars available may vary from one school to the next.
Our event hotel is the Greenville Marriott. The special BMW rate includes the breakfast buffet for up to two people plus Internet service. Register at: www.marriott.com/GSPAP and enter BMW as the Corporate code. The Marriott has a great lobby bar for getting together after the driving and dinner events. Remember, no food service is available for breakfast on Saturday morning at the Performance Center.
Tentative / Suggested Schedule:
Friday October 4, 2013
6:45 AM - Meet and sign-in at the Manassas Cracker Barrel, just off I-66W
7:00 AM - NoVa Convoy leaves for Greer, SC
4:00 PM - Arrive and visit the Zentrum.
5:30 PM - Hotel Check-In
6:30 PM - Group Dinner @ Barley’s in Greenville
Saturday October 5, 2013
8:00 AM - Meet @ Performance Center
8:15 AM - Drive day begins
5:00 PM - Drive day ends
6:30 PM - Group Dinner @ Blue Ridge Brewing Company in Greenville
Sunday October 6, 2013
Drive and return home in groups or on-your-own.
- All drivers must be BMW CCA members or attend with a club member who pays for the event. In other words, the payment for this school must come from a club member. More information is available by contacting the event coordinator.
- NCC and Tarheel chapter members have first acceptance priority, then BMW CCA members from other chapters.
- The NCC and the Tarheel event coordinators accept applicants into this school independently (16 NCC and 16 Tarheel.)
- Contact BMW CCA Headquarters to become a member of the NCC and/or Tarheel chapters for priority acceptance.
- Acceptance into this event will be made on or about August 15th, 2013 by the event coordinators.
- Registration on this site does not constitute acceptance into this event. It places you in the queue for acceptance in August.
- All drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
- The cost of $660.00 includes driving Performance Center cars, tires, gas, instructors and lunch on Saturday at the Performance Center.
- Each attendee is responsible for all other meal, lodging and travel costs.
- You do not have to own a BMW or M-car to attend this event. (However, be prepared to purchase one when you return home after the event.)
- Sorry, no factory tour on October 2013. The factory is closed for new product retooling.
Directions to NoVa convoy start:
From the Washington, DC, Beltway (I-495)
• Take I-495 to I-66 west.
• Exit at 47B (north 234).
• Turn right at traffic light onto Battleview Parkway to the Cracker Barrel.
From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695)
• Take I-95 south to I-495 west.
• Follow the directions above.