John Horsman’s 917 “Show & Tell”
Registration closed October 25, 2016 11:59 PM on October 25, 2016 11:59 PM PDT Registration ends October 25, 2016 11:59 PM on October 25, 2016 11:59 PM PDT Registration opens July 29, 2016 12:00 AM on July 29, 2016 12:00 AM PDT Registration runs from July 29, 2016 12:00 AM to October 25, 2016 11:59 PM
· Registration is CLOSED….
· We have extra seats… Come to the event and pay at the door
This is your very rare chance to meet and hear John Horsman, a person who was deeply involved in the golden age of sports car and endurance racing.
See one of the most original Porsche 917’s
- 1970 raced at Le Mans JWA-Gulf team… Siffert & Redman
- 1970 raced at Spa… Rodriguez & Kinnunen
- 1971 raced at Daytona, Monza, Zeltweg & Watkins Glen… Siffert & Bell & Attwood
This TechEd will cover…John's memories and experiences
- Working for John Wyer
- Winning Le Mans
- Developing and preparing the 917 for competition
- Working with legendary drivers: Pedro Rodriguez, Jacky Ickx, Jo Siffert, Brian Redman, Derek Bell and others
- Behind-the-scenes topics that John covered in his book, “Racing In The Rain”
- The car that should have won Le Mans in 1970
John started as an apprentice to the legendary John Wyer at Aston Martin in 1959. John was involved with Ford Advanced Vehicles and the development of the GT-40 before becoming the chief engineer for the JW Automotive racing team under Wyer. With Gulf sponsorship, the team developed their line of Mirage sports racing cars and also campaigned the GT-40, winning at Le Mans in 1968 and 1969.
In 1970 and ’71, the JWAE team ran the Porsche factory’s race team with the 917. John’s re-work of the tail on the 917K was instrumental in making the car one of the greatest racers in history. When JWAE become Gulf Research Racing, John become the team principal, team manager and chief engineer wearing all three hats with the Mirage program from 1972 through 1975 (winning Le Mans again in ’75).
Saturday October 29th
8:00 am Doors Open
9:30 am Program Begins
1:00 pm Event Ends
Chris’s German Auto Service (NEW LOCATION)
9107 151st Ave. Northeast
Redmond, WA 98052
Attendance is LIMITED:
Lake Washington Institute of Technology Charity Event
$25.00 per person
Your credit card will be CHARGED on October 26th
Cancelations accepted until October 26th
Coffee - Donuts - Refreshments are included in price
Questions: Email… email@example.com or 425-836-3963
Read about it in October Spiel Click on….. http://www.pnwr.org/spiel/spielonline.asp