IRDC - Drivers School & Lapping Day
Registration closed June 28, 2013 7:00 PM on June 28, 2013 7:00 PM PDT Registration ends June 28, 2013 7:00 PM on June 28, 2013 7:00 PM PDT Registration opens May 18, 2013 8:00 AM on May 18, 2013 8:00 AM PDT Registration runs from May 18, 2013 8:00 AM to June 28, 2013 7:00 PM
International Race Car Drivers Club
Drivers School & Lapping Day.
June 29th, 2013 - Ground school Friday Evening, June 28th at Pat's Autosport and on track Saturday June 29th.
Pacific Raceway, Kent, WA
Here's your chance ...........
High Performance and Competition Driving School at Pacific Raceways
Learn high performance driving, whether you want to drive in competition or just be a better driver on the street. All of our instructors are competition-licensed racecar drivers with many race miles of experience.
Get a taste of racing! After successful completion of the school, you will be qualified for a Novice racing license from the International Conference of Sports Car Clubs (ICSCC).
Requirements for Students:
Minimum 18 years of age with a valid state or provincial drivers license. License must be shown at Ground School registration.
- DOT approved helmet required, very few will be available to borrow.
- An attentive, safety first attitude.
Requirements for Cars:
- Sound Mechanical condition.
- Fluids filled - oil, water, transmission.
- Good belts, hoses and BRAKES.
- 3/32" minimum tire tread depth or race tires in good condition.
- Clean, inside and out, including engine compartment.
- All loose items removed. Spare tire, jack, battery secured.
- Open top and convertible cars MUST have a properly installed roll bar as a minimum. The top of the main hoop must be at least 2" above the driver's helmet when in a normal seated position. Factory pop-up rolllover protection is NOT acceptable and there will be no exceptions.
- Glass headlights taped to prevent possible breakage.
- Two seats with working seat belts.
Ground School :
- Ground school will be 7pm on Friday, June 28th at the Pat's Autosport.
Topics will include:
- Vehicle Dynamics - handling characteristics of cars.
- Car Control - brake, throttle, steering and shifting techniques.
- "Driving the Line" under ideal and adverse road conditions.
- Usage of flags and what they mean.
- Safety equipment and Conference race licensing procedures.
June 29th : Pacific Raceways
- Your day will include - technical inspection of your vehicle by your instructor, driver's meeting, comprehensive track tour, on track driving with instructor, and certificate of completion.
SCHOOL WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SHINE!!
Registration & Information:
- The price for the Driver Training is $265.00 per student.
- The price for the Lapping Day is $150.00.
- Price is per student - more than one student per car can enter as long as the drivers qualify for different run groups.
- IRDC Assistant Registrar: Kristi Bennitt 425-864-5412 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRDC Driving Master: Rick Bostrom 253 298-8465 - email@example.com
Offline payment option:
- Payments can be made at motorsportreg.com or check can be mailed to:
- IRDC: Kristi Bennitt - 14023 Bear Creek Rd NE, Woodinville, WA 98077
There is limited space in each group.
Please send in or register online early
to secure your spot.
The drivers school fee is $265.00 (US Funds)
The lapping day fee is $150 (US Funds)
For more information call:
Rick Bostrom 253 298-8465 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org