GWS 2014 DIY Event @ M-B of Tysons
Registration closed September 24, 2014 11:59 PM on September 24, 2014 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends September 24, 2014 11:59 PM on September 24, 2014 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens August 21, 2014 12:00 AM on August 21, 2014 12:00 AM EDT Registration runs from August 21, 2014 12:00 AM to September 24, 2014 11:59 PM
Do It Yourself (DIY) Session
Mercedes-Benz of Tysons Corner opens their work bays to GWS Members
Saturday, September 27th
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Mercedes-Benz of Tysons Corner
$25 per car
Warren Bain, 703.906.9658
The parts department will be open and offering a nice discount during the event. Be sure to call (703.448.2202) at least ten (10) days in advance of the date to make sure parts you know you need will be available.
The service bay doors will open at 8:00 a.m. Service bays go to participants on a first-come, first-served basis. Demand is usually high. To give everyone a chance to get into a service bay we ask that you limit DIY work to what you can finish in about two hours.
Mercedes-Benz of Tysons will supply coffee and refreshments to help keep you going as you work on your projects.
If your vehicle needs a little TLC – something you can do on your own – you should put this event in your calendar, register, and come out to take advantage of the chance to work on your car in the comfort of a dealership's service bays. Flush your brake system, change brake rotors and pads, change the oil, fix those squeaks... all those little tasks needed to keep your vehicle in good operating condition. Mercedes-Benz of Tysons Corner techs will be on hand. Please Note: the techs are not there to do the work for you – they are there to provide advice and show you the tricks of the trade so you get your jobs done right. Be sure to bring all tools and consumables (e.g. oil, brake fluid, paper towels, shop rags...) needed to complete your planned work. You may bring your own parts.
For those members who are hard-core Do-It-Yourself types, it's time to update that “To Do” list and get needed tools and supplies together to prepare for a little quality “under the hood and under the car” time at this GWS DIY event.
That said, this is not a guys only event – we encourage women to come out and learn more about their cars. Even if you don't want to work on your car, a club tech session like this one is a perfect opportunity to spend quality time with other club members who share an interest in maintaining (or just talking about) Mercedes-Benz vehicles. This event is also a perfect chance for you to get answers to any questions you have about your Mercedes-Benz and its features.
As with any event, there are a few ground rules:
- Plan to arrive early as lifts are filled on a first-come, first-served basis;
- Check with the parts department (10 days) in advance to make sure any parts and supplies you know you will need are available on the day of the event;
- Learn as much as you can about your to-do list tasks before the event – a subscription to Alldata DIY can help with this;
- Make your to-do list short enough so you can complete your tasks in the time alloted;
- Bring all the tools and shop consumables you'll need to get the work done; and
- Dress appropriately (e.g. no open-toe footwear) – bring grubbies because you will get dirty!
What you get at this event:
- Access to vehicle lifts so you can work on all areas of your car like a pro;
- Access to experienced technicians who can provide tips on repair tasks as well as advice on troubleshooting;
- Access to the parts department in case you need something you didn't anticipate; and
- A great chance to meet other club members and engage in the very finest form of “Car Talk.”