GVC Spring Ultimate Driving School
Registration closed April 26, 2013 11:59 PM on April 26, 2013 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends April 26, 2013 11:59 PM on April 26, 2013 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens January 6, 2013 12:00 AM on January 6, 2013 12:00 AM EST Registration runs from January 6, 2013 12:00 AM to April 26, 2013 11:59 PM
The Spring Ultimate Driving School kicks off GVC's driving school season. It's the perfect time to shake off the winter cobwebs and give your driving skills a tune-up on one of the most famous race tracks in the world!
Registration is open to drivers of all skill levels. Participants will be assigned to one of three run-groups based primarily upon experience and secondarily by vehicle performance. Run groups are limited to approximately 40 students to prevent over-crowding. The groups for this school include Advanced (primarily A-Solo), Intermediate (B and C level), and Novice (D). All students are assigned trained, experienced in-car instructors, and in-car instruction is augmented by classroom sessions appropriate to each run group's skill level.
This is a two-day school; no one-day registrations are accepted. However, advanced students with many years' experience who have been routinely signed-off to run solo in previous schools may register for our A-Solo program, which has three registration options:
Three-day school (Friday - Saturday - Sunday).
Two-day school (Friday - Saturday or Saturday - Sunday)
A-solo drivers are charged higher fees, but are afforded the following additional features:
- Three hours of guaranteed* track time per day: A-Solo students drive with both the Advanced students (4 sessions) and Instructors (2 sessions). (*weather permitting)
- Friday open-track day: Friday is open track orientation day for Instructors and A-Solo students. Special group exercises may be scheduled to hone advanced driving techniques (e.g., close-quarter, side-by-side driving in traffic).
- Group debriefing sessions: Mandatory meetings of the group take the place of traditional didactic classroom sessions, during which experiences will be shared, driving techniques discussed, compared, and critiqued, and so forth.
More details about this program are available by contacting the GVC chief instructor (email@example.com).
Please visit the GVC website for complete details about the school, including the A-solo program admission procedure:
Registration and Fees:
- Registration after the deadline is only possible by special arrangement, and only if there are still slots available or late cancellations (call or email the Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Advanced, intermediate and novice students: $440 (two-day school).
- A-Solo Students: $450 (two-day school), $650 (three-day school)
- Instructors: $50 (per vehicle) for Friday Orientation Day. Includes three-day garage access.
- Includes after-hours party and Ultimate Driving School event shirt
- Registration is not complete until payment has been received.
- Fees are refundable before the deadline, subject to a 10% charge to cover credit card charges.
- Alternatively, fees can be credited toward a future GVC Driving School to avoid the billing charge.
- Fees are non-refundable after the deadline unless another student is available to take the vacated slot.
The host hotel is the famous Seneca Lodge (http://www.senecalodge.com/), located at the upper entrance to Watkins Glen State Park off NY 329. The Lodge is famous for its food and racing heritage. The bar is notable for its collection of over 60 years of racing memorabliia. Another favorite place to stay very close to the track is the Falls Motel in nearby Montour Falls. http://www.thefallsmotel.com. These places fill quickly, so make reservations early.
Watkins Glen is a beautiful summer resort located at the southern-most tip of Seneca Lake, in the heart of New York’s Finger Lakes, one of the top wine-producing regions in the country. Besides the many wineries, restaurants, shops, and fun activities for the whole family, the area boasts a variety of nearby state and local parks noted for their spectacular gorges and waterfalls. For more information about the area and other accommodations, please consult our Chapter’s website: http://gvc-bmwcca.org/DrivingSchool/WGInfo.aspx