Great Pumpkin Rally
Registration closed October 26, 2012 6:00 PM on October 26, 2012 6:00 PM CDT Registration ends October 26, 2012 6:00 PM on October 26, 2012 6:00 PM CDT Registration opens October 3, 2012 12:00 AM on October 3, 2012 12:00 AM CDT Registration runs from October 3, 2012 12:00 AM to October 26, 2012 6:00 PM
Great Pumpkin Rally
Sanctioned by the Sports Car Club of America
The fifth event in our championship series will begin at Fiat of McKinney, and end at the Festival of Pumpkins in Paris, Texas. This will be a fun drive in the country, with some light-hearted competition along the way. This road rally event, run at legal speeds in your own car, will not get you lost, but will show you some pretty roads in North Texas counties that you may not have known about. Just bring yourself, a partner to drive or navigate, a full tank of gas, and a pencil.
You are invited to partake of the festivities and fun at the end in Paris.
Online registration (here at MotorsportReg.com) is recommended, because you will be mailed the rally rules a few days before the event.
- Rally Day: Saturday, October 27, 2011
- Starting Place: Fiat of McKinney, 800 N Central Expy, McKinney, Texas 75070
- Registration: 9:00 to 9:45am on Rally Day
- Novice meeting: 9:45am
- Starting Time(1st Car out): 10:00am plus your car number
- Length: 120 miles (~3 hours)
- Finish: downtown Paris, at the Festival of Pumpkins, with street vendors, antique shops, shopping, and more....
- Rally type: GTA (fun run). No special equipment required.
- Route: paved roads between McKinney and Paris. A completely new route from previous year's Great Pumpkin Rallies.
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, Speedsters, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: "speed" is not a factor.
- Rally Fee: $30.00 SCCA Members: $10.00 discount. $5.00 late fee if not preregistered here .
- Awards for 3 classes: First Timer, Novice, and General. Master class entrants are also welcome.
- Rally Masters: Richard and Juanita Miller
All on paved roads, at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and a friend!
See the rally flyer at http://texasscca.org/rallytime.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With over 40,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
A road rally is not a contest of speed or racing. The challenge is to follow a prescribed course at legal speeds and to read signs and landmarks along the route to find answers to questions supplied by the organizers.
This is the fifth event in the 2011
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rallytime
This rally is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA RoadRally Championship. Sanction Number 2012-RG-41-05.
Presented by Texas Region SCCA