"Good-bye El Toro" Autocross Practice
Registration closed September 25, 2014 12:01 AM on September 25, 2014 12:01 AM PDT Registration ends September 25, 2014 12:01 AM on September 25, 2014 12:01 AM PDT Registration opens August 24, 2014 12:00 AM on August 24, 2014 12:00 AM PDT Registration runs from August 24, 2014 12:00 AM to September 25, 2014 12:01 AM
"Good-bye El Toro" Autocross Practice
Hosted by the E-Board
September 27, 2014
September is here and that means this is the last time we'll be at our summer home, the fabulous runways of El Toro, until next year. Or will we? With construction beginning in earnest on thousands of homes that will eventually comprise "The Great Housing Tract", we don't know how long we have left. This could be it. Will we be back next year? The answer is maybe. But the handwriting is on the wall, the end is near. The good news is that with 12 hours of sunlight available, we'll be able to accomodate a large number of entrants looking for their final runs on arguably the best autocross site in the USA.
What to Expect
For this event, you can expect a world class course especially prepared by the Cal Club team. With daytime highs averaging 79 degrees, the course and weather conditions should be ideal for an autocross.
Your hosts for the event are the volunteers who make up the California Sports Car Club (CSCC), a not for profit club assembled for the sole purpose of organizing world class autocross events in the Cal Club Region of the Spoirts Car Club of America (SCCA). Organizers are non-paid volunteers. All participants will be required to perform a normal work assignment as your contribution to the event.
Oh yeah! Come hungry. Rodrigo of OC Catering will bring out the gormet food truck for breakfast and lunch. Be sure to stop by for some great food at reasonable prices. Ask for "George's Special" Carne Asada Burrito. It's wonderful!
Hey.....Don't Forget Your Water!
It can get hot out there folks. Keep hydrated. The night before, put 7 or 8 bottles of water in the freezer. Kept in a small cooler, you'll have a supply of cold water all day to keep you refreshed.
When you arrive - Come through the main gate on Marine Way. Turn right at the stop sign and then look for the laid down traffic cones directing you to the event site. Be sure to observe the 25 speed limit while inside the facility. When you see the large lot laden with bright orange cones you know you’ve arrived. Be sure to sign the event waiver at the entrance to our area. Park your car in any open spot and come to registration for check-in. After registering, proceed to the tech area so your car and helmet can be approved. Be sure allow enough time for a course walk. That's it........you're ready to go.
Accommodations - The La Quinta Inn @14972 Sand Canyon, Irvine, CA 92618 is just a block from our venue. Knowlwood Restaurant, Denny's and Jack in the Box are all with walking distance of the hotel. Many of Orange County's finest hotels, restaurants and nightlife are within a 10 minute drive.
No Overnight Camping
There is no overnight camping allowed on this site. However, personal belongings, including vehicles, may remain overnight. The site is fully fenced and the gates will be closed and locked when we leave for the night. Gates close at 10pm and reopen at 6am. Everything must be removed by the time we leave on Sunday. Neither Cal Club nor the event site will be responsible for damaged, lost or stolen property.
As with any venue, we want to make a good impression on our landlords. With that in mind, please use the receptacles for your trash and do not leave trash anywhere on site. Also, have respect for the neighbors and drive carefully both inside and outside the site. Please observe the 5 MPH speed limit while in the paddock and grid areas.
- Single Entry - $70
- Split Entry - $85 (two drivers sharing the same car, one set of runs, and one normal work assignment)
- Junior Kart single entry - $15. Separate Junior Kart course may be available if space permits.
- An SCCA membership is required. A temporary membership can be purchased for $15 the morning of the event.
Note: Once on the entry list, your credit card will be charged unless your cancellation is received by Wednesday midnight, prior to the event. There will be no refunds after this time.
Special Proceedures for this event:
- Initial entry list will be posted on September 13, 2014.
- There will be entry priority in the following order: CSCC Officials, Autocross Sunday entrants, CSCC points card holders, all others.
- 7:00 - Tech/Registration Opens
- 8:15 - Course closes for walking
- 8:30 - Mandatory Novice Safety Meeting.
- 8:45 - Tech/Registration closes. First work group called.
- 9:00 - First car out
- Held under the SCCA Solo Rules and the CSCC Solo Supplemental Regulations.
- Helmets must conform to Snell 2000 or newer. Some loaner helmets will be available.
- No alcohol or other intoxicants may be used by anyone on the event site.
- Speed limits - Paddock 5 MPH; Access road 25 MPH
- PLEASE USE CAUTION at all times while on site.
- Competitors under 18 years old MUST have a waiver signed by BOTH parents. Waiver forms are available at SCCA.com
- Closed exhaust - 100db @ 50' noise standard.
- Event officials reserve the right to make changes as needed without further notice.
EventMaster - George Schilling (CASOC)
Registration - KJ Christopher (No$)
Timing and Scoring - Rick Brown (PSCC)
Course Designer - Kurt Rahn
Worker Chief - Adam Tarnoff
Tech - Kyle O'Rourke (SCNAX)
Waivers/Gate - Jessica Pao (SCNAX)
Safety Steward - Bill Schenker
Youth Steward - Steve Ekstrand
Novice Coordinator - Leonard Cachola (SCNAX)