Friday/Saturday/Sunday FULL 2.7 km track
Registration closed August 24, 2013 7:30 PM on August 24, 2013 7:30 PM MDT Registration ends August 24, 2013 7:30 PM on August 24, 2013 7:30 PM MDT Registration opens August 24, 2013 5:30 PM on August 24, 2013 5:30 PM MDT Registration runs from August 24, 2013 5:30 PM to August 24, 2013 7:30 PM
Registration opens for NON-MEMBERS July 26, 2013.
This event will be on the full 2.7 km road course. We ran our inaugural event on the full course on August 23, 2013. The first layer of pavement is complete on the entire track. Some work remains … no grass yet, no curbing (to go in following final payment lift in 2014), some barrier locations to be fine-tuned, and things like permanent corner stands to be erected. Despite that there are still things to be done, the track is GREAT ... especially considering it has been 30 years since we’ve had a road course in Edmonton.
Track Junkies is NOT a racing organization. This is NOT a racing event. The Track Junkies group is Alberta’s premium recreational lapping day experience, with a safe environment for people with high-value track cars to come out and play. Our events are non-competitive high-speed lapping events with controlled passing.
FRIDAY is open lapping, using our four run group format (see below) that provides participants up to 2.5 hours of track time.
FRIDAY FORMAT: Rotating sessions will be 20 minutes in length. We offer four run groups with three distinct passing protocols, as follows:
· NOVICE (Green group): For those with lmited (or no) previous track driving experience, this group has designated point-by passing on the longer straights only. This is also the passing protocol we use for instructing.
· INTERMEDIATE (Yellow and Orange groups): For intermediate and advanced-intermediate drivers who are experienced and situationally aware, we offer point-by passing everywhere on the track. Drivers running in these groups must be comfortable allowing others to overtake on all straights and in most corners. With the ability to pass anywhere, these groups should be free-flowing without a lot of congestion or long trains. Yellow group will be the slower cars; orange group the faster cars. If participation is low, we'll combine into one intermediate group and split the additional track time among the remaining groups.
· OPEN PASSING (Red group): For the most advanced drivers, typically those with a current racing license and those with a long motorsport resume including many, many track days at a variety of venues, this group will be permitted to pass anywhere. This is NOT a race group; reckless and overly aggressive behavior will not be tolerated. Because of the greater expected speeds of very-experienced drivers and the higher risk associated with open passing, drivers running in this group will require an SA-2005 or newer motorsport-rated helmet, HANS device, and 5- or 6-point restraints attached to roll-over protection (structural roll bar or roll cage).
FRIDAY HAPPY HOUR: Last 1.5 hours of the afternoon will be open to all drivers following INTERMEDIATE passing rules. Drivers can enter and exit track at will depending on comfort level with current traffic volume.
SATURDAY and SUNDAY we are limited to one INTERMEDIATE run group only, suitable for drivers with previous track experience only, and providing approx. 1 hour of track time per day divided into three sessions. Passing will be in designated straights only, with a mandatory point-by. PLEASE NOTE: NASCC operates under ASN Canada FIA rules for lapping, which are diffferent than Track Junkies rules. Please review www.trackjunkies.ca/nascc/ for more details before signing up.
ALL DAYS: Gates open at 8:00 AM; mandatory drivers meeting at 8:30 AM, track goes hot at 9:00 AM. We will have full access to the skid pad as a paddock on Friday, but unfortunately no paddock on Saturday or Sunday.
RATES for this event:
- Track Junkies members: $250
- Non-members: $350 (non-members can register starting July 26th)
- Instruction for novice drivers: add $100
- Track Junkies members & NASCC members, one day: $300
- Track Junkies members & NASCC members, both days: $500
- Non-members, one day: $350 (non-members can register starting July 26th)
- Non-members, both days: $600 (non-members can register starting July 26th)
- No instruction available on Sat/Sun
(5% GST will be added to all prices)