Friday/Saturday FULL 2.7 km track
Registration closed August 9, 2013 11:59 AM on August 9, 2013 11:59 AM MDT Registration ends August 9, 2013 11:59 AM on August 9, 2013 11:59 AM MDT Registration opens July 5, 2013 12:00 AM on July 5, 2013 12:00 AM MDT Registration runs from July 5, 2013 12:00 AM to August 9, 2013 11:59 AM
Registration opens for NON-MEMBERS July 26, 2013.
A note about CONSTRUCTION DELAYS affecting our access to the full 2.7 km track: This event is contingent on our being able to run on the full 2.7 km track. Castrol is committed to finishing the track, and we are committed to holding events as soon as the track is complete. However, with the wet weather this season, construction is well behind schedule and the completion date is uncertain. We are continuing to accept registrations, however we will not process you fee until the track has been completed. Put another way, you can register without worrying about whether you will incur a cancellation penalty is the long track is not completed in time.
This Track Junkies event spans two days on Castrol Raceway's FULL 2.7 km road course.
Track Junkies is NOT a racing organization. This is NOT a racing event. The Track Junkies group is Alberta’s premium recreational lapping day experience, with a safe environment for people with high-value track cars to come out and play. Our events are non-competitive high-speed lapping events with controlled passing.
EVENT FORMAT is open lapping, using our four run group format (see below) that provides participants up to 2.5 hours per day of track time. Rotating sessions will be 20 minutes in length. We offer four run groups with three distinct passing protocols, as follows:
· NOVICE (Green group): For those with lmited (or no) previous track driving experience, this group has designated point-by passing on the longer straights only. This is also the passing protocol we use for instructing.
· INTERMEDIATE (Yellow and Orange groups): For intermediate and advanced-intermediate drivers who are experienced and situationally aware, we offer point-by passing everywhere on the track. Drivers running in these groups must be comfortable allowing others to overtake on all straights and in most corners. With the ability to pass anywhere, these groups should be free-flowing without a lot of congestion or long trains. Yellow group will be the slower cars; orange group the faster cars. If participation is low, we'll combine into one intermediate group and split the additional track time among the remaining groups.
· OPEN PASSING (Red group): For the most advanced drivers, typically those with a current racing license and those with a long motorsport resume including many, many track days at a variety of venues, this group will be permitted to pass anywhere. This is NOT a race group; reckless and overly aggressive behavior will not be tolerated. Because of the greater expected speeds of very-experienced drivers and the higher risk associated with open passing, drivers running in this group will require an SA-2005 or newer motorsport-rated helmet, HANS device, and 5- or 6-point restraints attached to roll-over protection (structural roll bar or roll cage).
HAPPY HOUR: Last 1.5 hours of each afternoon will be open to all drivers following INTERMEDIATE passing rules. Drivers can enter and exit track at will depending on comfort level with current traffic volume.
DAILY SCHEDULE (same both days): Gates open at 8:00 AM; mandatory drivers meeting at 8:30 AM, track goes hot at 9:00 AM. We will have full access to the skid pad as a paddock on Friday, but unfortunately no paddock on Saturday.
RATES for this event:
BOTH Friday and Saturday:
- Track Junkies members: $450
- Non-members: $600 (non-members can register starting July 26th)
- Instruction for novice drivers: add $100 per day
Friday Only or Saturday Only:
- Track Junkies members: $250
- Non-members, one day: $350 (non-members can register starting July 26th)
- Instruction for novice drivers: add $100
(5% GST will be added to all prices)