Formula 1 USGP- 2016 New Volunteer
Registration closed October 15, 2016 11:59 PM on October 15, 2016 11:59 PM CDT Registration ends October 15, 2016 11:59 PM on October 15, 2016 11:59 PM CDT Registration opens June 11, 2016 12:00 AM on June 11, 2016 12:00 AM CDT Registration runs from June 11, 2016 12:00 AM to October 15, 2016 11:59 PM
Unites States Grand Prix
2016 New Worker Registration
*Worked at previous USGPs?
Please contact your previous specialty chief for the returning worker registration link.*
Please fill out the application to join us for the United States Formula 1 Grand Prix.
Volunteers for on-track work can register here until October 17th. *Filling out an application does not guarantee acceptance. You will receive an email from your specialty chief with further information.*
AVAILABLE VOLUNTEER SPECIALTIES:
- Flagging & Communications: operate yellow flag, blue flag, and radio communications
- Intervention Marshals: assist with on-track incidents and manual labor operations, must be able to carry a 20 lb. fire bottle, run long distances, and feel comfortable on a hot track
- Hospitality: behind-the-scenes volunteer helping with supply and lunch deliveries, registration/check-in, and more
*Please note we have separated the F&C & Intervention Marshal specialties in to two separate options during the application process. Please be sure to select the specialty you prefer. We will do our best to honor all requests, but understand we may need to shift people around.
PERKS OF VOLUNTEERING:
- Dry camping and RV spots are available
- Discounted hotel rates with shuttle to and from
- Three-day general admission guest pass for a friend or family member. You and your guest are welcome to attend the Taylor Swift concert on Saturday
- Swag bag full of COTA gear
- Some meals provided: breakfast and lunch each day, plus a few dinners.
SCHEDULE (all times are tentative):
Please note that participation is required for all three event days. Thank you for your understanding and commitment.
- Thursday, October 20- Registration; Intervention Marshal Training during the morning & F&C Training during the afternoon; kick-off dinner
- Friday, October 21 – HOT TRACK! – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm (morning meetings held 1-2 hours before hot track)
- Saturday, October 22 – HOT TRACK! – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (morning meetings held 1-2 hours before hot track)
- Sunday, October 23 – HOT TRACK! – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (morning meetings held 1-2 hours before hot track)
Should you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you in October!
The Race Admin Team
Jeanie Caulfield, Bill Armitage, and Sydney Davis Yagel