First Settlers/Shenandoah Spring Charity Event
Registration closed April 22, 2013 8:00 PM on April 22, 2013 8:00 PM EDT Registration ends April 22, 2013 8:00 PM on April 22, 2013 8:00 PM EDT Registration opens February 19, 2013 7:00 PM on February 19, 2013 7:00 PM EST Registration runs from February 19, 2013 7:00 PM to April 22, 2013 8:00 PM
Please join us on 26-28 April, 2013 for a great weekend in the mountains at the historic Graves' Mountain Lodge in beautiful Syria, Virginia. The weekend will include the rustic atmosphere and country cookin' of Graves' Mountain Lodge, fun runs on some of the best driving roads in the state (planned by the "locals" of Shenandoah region), a private tour of Luray Caverns, lunch at the historic Mimslyn Inn in Luray, more fun runs, great scenery, a Silent Auction for charity, and a tour, wine tasting and catered lunch at the Barboursville Winery. It'll be a great weekend - don’t miss it!
The dress code for all events is very casual country-wear; blue jeans, boots and 10-gallon hats are welcomed.
You can sign up for all events or any event(s) individually.
- We'll start the weekend with 6PM happy hour and diner in the Club Hospitality Suite at the Lodge. Please bring your preferred beverage and the food for dinner will be gratiously provided by Raif Antar of the Basil Mediterranean Bistro in Charlottesville. Please note: If you prefer dinner in the Lodge dining room, which is not included with your room Friday night, seating is family style at 6:30PM. The nearest alternate dining option is 20 minutes away.
Saturday (if you can't make it Friday, please join us when you can on Saturday)
- For those staying Saturday night, group breakfast will be served in the dining room at 8:30AM.
- After a 9:30 drivers' meeting, we'll depart at 10AM on a scenic fun run to Luray, VA. On the way, we'll stop by the Rappahannock Food Pantry in Washington, VA. Please bring along a bag or two of food donations - there will be a prize for the largest food donation. They have requested coffee, tea, canned fruit. tuna/canned meats, ketchup, mustard, mayo and peanut butter.
- Once in Luray, we'll proceed to the beautifully restored, historic Mimslyn Inn for lunch and presentation of the Foodbank largest donation prize. After lunch, we'll head to Luray Caverns for a private tour followed by another fun fun back to Graves' Mountain. www.mimslyninn.com
- The evening's festivities will begin around 5PM with happy hour in the Club Hospitality Suite. The Suite will also provide a spot for those not spending the night at the Lodge to hang out until cocktails and dinner.
- At 6PM, we'll head to the Lodge's lounge for no host cocktails, then to the dining room at 7PM for dinner.
- Be ready to bid on some great silent auction items during and after dinner. Don't forget to bring your checkbook!
**For those not spending Saturday night at the Lodge, dinner is $41 per person (includes tax and gratuity), under 17 half price, toddlers $5.
- For those staying at the Lodge Saturday night, group breakfast will be at 8:30 in the dining room
- After the 9:30 drivers' meeting, we're off to the Barboursville Winery near the town of Gordonsville for a private tour and tasting
- Lunch at the winery will be catered by Durty Nelly's Pub of Charlottesville, co-owned by Shenandoah Region's own Gary Hagar.
Room reservations at Graves' Mountain Lodge should be made directly with the Lodge (540-923-4231). The cut off date for this rate is 5 April. We have a block if 16 rooms - first come, first served. Please mention that you're with the Porsche Club to get the special rate. www.gravesmountain.com
Room rates are as follows:
- Friday night: $110 per room (includes tax), no meals included
- Saturday night**:
- $243.00 PER COUPLE (includes tax and gratuity), double occupancy
- $152.46 SINGLE (includes tax and gratuity), single occupancy
**Saturday rates include breakfast and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday
Event Costs (You can sign up for all events or any event(s) individually)
Registration fee for all participants (goes to charity): $20 per car/couple
- Cocktails: BYOB, food is on the club.
- Breakfast: Included with room if you stay Saturday night at the Lodge
- Lunch at the Mimslyn Inn: $15 per person (includes tax and gratuity)
- Luray Caverns tour: $16 for adults, $8 for children
- Evening Cocktails: No host bar.
- Dinner: - For those staying Saturday night at the Lodge, dinner is included w/room.
- For those NOT staying at the Lodge: $41 per person for adults, guests under 17 $20.50, toddlers $5 - deadline 22 April.
- Barboursville Winery tour/wine tasting: $7 per person (includes souvenir glass)
- Catered Lunch: $11.50 per person
- The drive home after a fabulous weekend: priceless!
If you have any questions about the event or would like to register offline, email Josie Grandfield: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information or changes to the plan will be announced at least one week before the event. We hope to see you there!!
Hit the continue button to join the fun!!