FIDDY RUN 2
Registration closed September 16, 2016 11:59 PM on September 16, 2016 11:59 PM MDT Registration ends September 16, 2016 11:59 PM on September 16, 2016 11:59 PM MDT Registration opens August 30, 2016 6:00 PM on August 30, 2016 6:00 PM MDT Registration runs from August 30, 2016 6:00 PM to September 16, 2016 11:59 PM
THE FIDDY RUN 2 IS A 400km scooter ROAD RALLY from TUNNEL MOUNTAIN BANFF ALBERTA to GOLDEN BC TO RADIUM BC AND BACK TO TUNNEL MOUNTAIN BANFF AB.
Supplemental Regulations Version 1.0
• 1.0: WARNING: Competing in FIDDY RUN events is Exceedingly Taxing, both physically and mentally. When riding, you'll be exposed to extreme (both high and low) temperatures; to dense smoke and fumes; to intense shocks and vibration; to very loud noises; and to a variety of other unusual, exhausting, confusing, and stressful conditions. EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU'RE IN EXCELLENT HEALTH, TELL YOUR DOCTOR WHAT YOU'RE PLANNING TO DO; GET A FULL PRE-COMPETITION PHYSICAL EXAM BEFORE YOU START
• 1.1: Organizers Decisions: Organizers decisions are final. If you don't like it, tough. Get your own race.
• 1.2: Unsafe Motorc...ycles/scooter/moped and/or Drivers: At Organizers' discretion, any unsafe Motorcycles/scooter/moped or rider may be removed from the event at any time.
• 1.3: Refunds, Entry-Fee Transfers, and Compensation for Loss: There are none. Forget it. It ain't gonna happen. You get zip. Squat. Nada. Can't get your act together? Tough nuts. Flat tire on KM One? Listen to the crickets. Abducted by space aliens? Boo-hoo, Grandpa ran you over in his RV? Then you shouldn't have registered
• 1.4: Winners and Prizes: We have 2 Classes FIDDY (50cc and under) and 1FIDDY (over 50cc and under 150cc) Cash Prizes for both plus a selection of other prizes (worst dressed best dressed best and worst in show Motorcycle/scooter/moped at organizers discretion.
Winner of the Millennium falcon award--as determined by a super-secret equation including vehicle age, general hooptieness, reliability of country of origin, unlikelihood of success, and the Organizers' whim—receives an award plus a free entry in the next FIDDY RUN.
• 1.5: Your Motorcycles/scooter/moped May Be Destroyed at Any Time: This is Dangerous stuff. Accidents and other unfortunate boo-boos happen. You should never compete with a Motorcycles/scooter/moped if you aren't ready to lose it.
• 1.6: Right of Publicity: You and your ride may be photographed, recorded, or otherwise reproduced and re-used whenever and wherever the heck the Organizers like (including but not limited to television, internet, magazines, radio, biblical apocrypha, Cinema epics, and cave paintings. You won't get a penny unless somebody sees it and buys you a coffee. If you're not comfortable with that, wear a Mexican wrestler mask and/or stay home.
• 1.7: No Stuntin' or Splodin': No stunting, No firearms or fireworks may be used during the event.
• 1.8: Vehicle Eligibility: Entry limited to mass-produced, 2-wheeled vehicles legal for Canadian highway use. Weight may not exceed 1000 pounds.
• 1.9: Driver Eligibility: All drivers must have a valid Canadian or International driver's license
• 2.0: Drivers Under 18: Drivers under 18 years of age must get a notarized letter of permission from their parents or legal guardians. You might also want to ask said parents or legal guardians why they'd ever allow you to do this; it probably means they've been poaching your college fund.
• 2.1: Passengers Allowed
• 2.2: Whiner Eligibility. Whiners are not eligible to compete. If you believe that you might be a whiner, please check with a domestic partner, guardian, or health-care professional before signing up.
• 2.3: General Tech Inspection. Motorcycle/scooter/moped must meet all safety standards laid out in this section and must pass tech inspection prior to the event. Tech inspection is in no way a certification, representation, or guarantee that your crappy old motorcycle is fit or safe to ride. Each rider is solely responsible for determining its vehicle's safety, fitness to compete, and compliance with FIDDY RUN rules.
• 2.4: Driver's Helmet. Undamaged, DOT or Snell M2005 or better, mandatory
• 2.5: Fueling. All fueling must be done from permanent pumps. During fueling, the key switch must be off;
• 2.6: General Exhaust System Regs. A professional-quality exhaust system is required.
• 2.7: Bad-Weather Visibility. It's your job to figure out which bad-weather visibility aids will be most useful for you. Rain-X, tear offs, small squeegee-wielding children tied to the handlebars, etc. are all acceptable. If your visibility appears compromised during the race for any reason, you may be pulled over by law enforcement.
• 2.8: Numbers. Numbers must be shown on both sides, and also the front. Bike numbers must be at least 3 inches tall and clearly readable.
• 2.9: Mirrors. All bikes must have at least one mirror.
• 3.0: Headlights, and Taillights. Headlights, and taillights, must be in working condition.
• 3.1: No Flashing Lights or Sirens. No working sirens, flashing lights, or similar emergency vehicle stuff allowed. Anything that could make your motorcycle confused for an actual emergency vehicle will get excluded.
• 3.2: Driver Portability: Any registered rider is allowed to ride any registered motorcycle at any time.
• 3.3: It's Always Your Fault: The FIDDY RUN is an all-fault environment. You are 100% responsible for what happens while you're riding. Think you're the hittee, not the hitter? We don't care. Think you've been wrongly accused? See the part where it says "we don't care." Your job is to stay out of trouble. If trouble finds you, take responsibility like a grownup and figure out how to avoid it the next time. We’re all here for fun!
• 3.4: Lousy- riding Rule: Riders are accountable for any fines tolls and damaged acquired or caused during the event. (That’s why you have insurance)
• 3.5: Why did I crash? Rule: Because you have no business being out on a highway. Any rider who contacts another motorcycle will be removed from the race. And subject to any violations of the highways act.
• 3.6: No Drinking, huffing, puffin, snorting, or shooting, until your event is over. Participants are absolutely prohibited from using alcohol or drugs until after your motorcycle has crossed the finish or you have quit the event. Violators will be excluded immediately and will be banned from further events!
That’s it now fire up the FIDDYS and lets have some fun!