Fall Fastival 2013
Registration closed September 8, 2013 11:59 PM on September 8, 2013 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends September 8, 2013 11:59 PM on September 8, 2013 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens August 9, 2013 12:00 AM on August 9, 2013 12:00 AM EDT Registration runs from August 9, 2013 12:00 AM to September 8, 2013 11:59 PM
|When:||September 13 - 15|
|What:||The Kentucky Region Porsche Club will be hosting our Driver Education event at Putnam Park Road Course in Mount Meridian, Indiana with Blue Grass Motorsport of Louisville as the Primary Sponsor. While this is a Porsche Club event, we are marquee friendly and welcome other makes besides Porsche.|
|Extras:||Blue Grass Motorsport hosts a dinner party on both Friday and Saturday night at the host hotel. Dinner and drinks are provided free of charge to all attendees. Weather permitting, the party is held on the patio with plenty of room to socialize with your fellow participants. We also have some cool track video / multimedia for your entertainment. Good times are always had by all.|
Please read through the following information and select continue at the bottom of the page
Current Attendee List
(Link will be active after registration opens)
- You must download, print and complete the Technical Inspection Form prior to the event.
- Event Headquarters (Host Hotel) are being provided by Cambria Suites, Plainfield, IN. Please call for Group Rate (317) 279-2394 and mention KYPCA for special rates.
- Additional accommodations nearby provided by the Hampton Inn in Plainfield, IN. Mention KYPCA for the group rate. (317) 839-9993
- Additional accommodations nearby provided by the Wingate by Wyndham in Plainfield, IN. Mention KYPCA for the group rate. (317) 279-2500
- Event Check-in will be open Friday evening at the host hotel
- Tech Inspection will be open all day Friday and Saturday morning at the track.
- Tech Inspection will also be open Friday evening at the host hotel.
- Four (4) run groups, plus Instructor Group
- Four (4) run sessions each day, 25 minutes each.
- Three (3) Classroom sessions, 45 minutes each (mandatory for less-experienced drivers).
- Certified Instructors for all novice and less-experienced drivers.
- Friday Lapping open to instructors and advanced drivers only.
- Instructors receive free lunch all 3 days of the event.
Here are some videos to give you a better perspective if you've never been to one our events, or to a Driver Education event.
- Some video from our Summer Heat 2010 Event
- Some laps with Cass Whitehead driving a Boxster Spyder along with John Grooms in the other Spyder
- Instructors (includes Friday lapping): $175
- Driver Education (Saturday and Sunday driving): $350
- Friday Lapping for advanced drivers (requires full weekend entry): $175
- All refunds are subject to 10% handling charge.
- All sales are final one week prior to the event date.
The PCA has entered into an association with Lockton Affinity who has created a Driver Education insurance program specifically tailored for our members. In addition to providing this coverage, Lockton has agreed to offer exclusively to PCA members a 10 percent discount on HPDE insurance premiums. Non PCA members can still receive coverage without the discount. Click here for more information
Additional Event Notes
- All registrations must be submitted and pre-paid through the MotorsportsReg.com online system
- Car sharing is strongly discouraged because sessions are back-to-back without the downtime to change drivers inbetween, plus there's the possibility that both drivers might be assigned to the same run groups if skill levels are somewhat similar. Alternating sessions is disruptive to the continuity of instruction if either driver is of lesser experience.
- KYPCA Driver's Education is not a race or timed event of any kind. This is an instructional activity with the purpose of developing high-performance car-handling skills.
- KYPCA Driver's Education is not a racing school and should not be considered as such.
- Safety of all participants and personnel is closely monitored at all times. There is no place for unsafe/reckless behavior at a KYPCA track event, and we will not hesitate to exclude drivers from participation should we determine in our sole discretion that such action is appropriate.
- Some suggested items to bring are: chairs of some sort, cooler with water or drinks (bottled water will also be provided), snacks, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, umbrella, tire pressure gauge, large plastic bag to protect your gear, glass cleaner, rags or paper towels, video or still camera, notepad and pen, quart of oil, friends or family.