Fall 2016 M Day for the North Star Chapter
BMW CCA - North Star Chapter
Registration closed October 2, 2016 11:59 PM on October 2, 2016 11:59 PM CDT Registration ends October 2, 2016 11:59 PM on October 2, 2016 11:59 PM CDT Registration opens February 1, 2016 12:00 AM on February 1, 2016 12:00 AM CST Registration runs from February 1, 2016 12:00 AM to October 2, 2016 11:59 PM
The North Star Chapter is excited to offer our members a second opportunity to avail of an M Day put on by the BMW Performance Center in Greer, South Carolina this fall! This is a unique event using the Performance Center’s superb range of M cars, which includes the M2, M3, M4 and M5. Please note that this is not a BMW CCA event and the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to this program, so session content and cars available may vary from one school to the next.
There will be classroom instruction followed by various in-car activities with the Center’s exceptional instructors. In-car activities include skid pad, driving dynamics on special handling courses and timed competition events. No helmets or previous driving school experience is required. The program runs from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and includes instruction in current model M cars, lunch and gift bags.
The North Star Chapter has secured Saturday, October 15th, 2016 for this unmissable opportunity. We will be having a tour of the BMW CCA Foundation Museum) on Friday, October 14th from 3-5pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend
The event itself will cost $690 per person and is based on 32 participants. This represents an exceptional discount for a Performance Center event and to qualify, the Chapter needs 32 participants registered by August 15th, 2016. You may join the wait list after this date. To ensure commitment, the Chapter requires that the event fee of $690 be paid in full at the time of registration. Each North Star member is permitted to bring a non-member guest whose fees would be paid by the member through the standard registration process. If the Chapter fails to secure 32 registered participants by August 15th, the event will be canceled and all fees will be refunded in full.
The BMW Performance Center recommends the following hotels:
- The Greenville Marriott, 1 Parkway E, Greenville, SC 29615.
- The Spartanburg Marriott, 299 N Church St, Spartanburg, SC 29306.
- Hyatt Regency Greenville, 220 N Main St, Greenville, SC 29601.
- Crowne Plaza Greenville, 851 Congaree Rd, Greenville, SC 29607.
Crowne Plaza has offerred us a $112 per night rate. Please request it if booking with them.
Friday, October 14, 2016
- 3:00 - 5:00 pm: Visit BMW CCA Foundation Museum.
- ?:00 pm: Group Dinner.
Saturday, October 15, 2016
- 8:00 am: Meet at the BMW Performance Center.
- 8:15 am - 9:00 am: Classroom session for all participants.
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm: Four concurrent driving events: 1. Driving & drifting an M3 on the skid pad. 2. Corner entry exercise in an M4. 3. Driving an M5 on the handling course. 4. Driving an M3 in an event called the “rat race” with competition between two cars on a wet rectangular skid pad.
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Lunch.
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm: Four concurrent driving events. 1. Driving an M3 for lead/follow sessions on the upper track. 2. Timed laps in an M5 on the handling course. 3. Figure 8’s in an M4. 4. Lapping on the lower track in an M3..