DFW Map Rally
Registration closed August 23, 2013 6:00 PM on August 23, 2013 6:00 PM CDT Registration ends August 23, 2013 6:00 PM on August 23, 2013 6:00 PM CDT Registration opens July 21, 2013 10:00 AM on July 21, 2013 10:00 AM CDT Registration runs from July 21, 2013 10:00 AM to August 23, 2013 6:00 PM
THE MAP RALLY IS BACK ON A NEW DATE: 24-AUG-13
DFW MAP RALLY.....a "shortest-distance" roadrally
Connecting the dots...
A FUN ROADRALLY FOR STREET-LEGAL CARS -- TO GPS OR NOT GPS, THAT IS THE QUESTION!
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America invites you to a fun drive in the country in Denton and surrounding counties in Texas. The team who visits all the required landmarks in the shortest distance will win, and the winners will receive awards. Speed is not a factor.
- Rally Day: Saturday, August 24, 2013
- Starting Place: US380 at I-35 in Denton, westbound. Pass the Shell station on the corner, and turn into the next service station just to the west, which seems to have no name. This is the official start of the rally. An official will be there to give you the waiver to sign, and to give you instructions to run the odo check. Another official will record your odometer readings, and send you on your way.
- Eagles Canyon Raceway (ECR) on FM 51 northeast of Decatur is where you will complete registration, receive your maps and rally instructions, and use table space to work on your route.
- The odo check start opens at 9:00am on Rally Day (time may be adjusted). Odo check start will close 10 minutes after the last preregistered car has been sent out on the odo check.
- After registration, you will receive your maps and your instructions for finding the twelve locations in Wise and Denton Counties that you have to locate, and then visit.
- Take one hour to determine your route from maps provided. No electronic aids or extra maps permitted here.
- Cars leave the official start whenever you are ready, in any order (but at 1 minute intervals). First car out could be as early as 10:30.
- Length: as short as you can make it in miles, probably about 3 hours in time
- Finish: Clark's Outpost Barbeque, that famous old spot in Tioga, Texas.
- Rally type: Shortest distance rally. SCCA calls this a GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally.
- Route: You choose your route from maps provided. You may use any public road you wish in your attempt to log the shortest distance on your odometer. Depending on your chosen route, you may encounter stretches of unpaved road. There are many reasonable routes that are entirely paved.
- Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies). GPS and other electronic aids welcome in any class. Note: last year the people with electronic aids such as GPS did NOT fare better than other competitors.
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, Convertibles, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Cars built before 1940 will get a little extra time.
- Rally Fee: $25.00 SCCA Members: $5.00 discount. Preregistration at msreg.us/DMR13msr is highly recommended. A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rally Master: John Poulos.
On public roads, always at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and a friend!
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
See the rally flier at http://texasscca.org/rallytime/rally-events--results .
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With over 40,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
A road rally is not a contest of speed or racing. The challenge is to ascertain a route that visits 12 pre-selected locations in the shortest distance. Then drive that route at legal speeds and get to the finish within an alloted time.
This is the third event in the 2013
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rallytime
This rally is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA RoadRally Championship.
Sanction Number 2012-RG-41-03.