DFW Map Rally
Registration closed August 24, 2012 6:00 PM on August 24, 2012 6:00 PM CDT Registration ends August 24, 2012 6:00 PM on August 24, 2012 6:00 PM CDT Registration opens July 21, 2012 12:00 AM on July 21, 2012 12:00 AM CDT Registration runs from July 21, 2012 12:00 AM to August 24, 2012 6:00 PM
THE MAP RALLY IS BACK!!! 25-AUG-12
DFW MAP RALLY
Wise - Jack Edition
A FUN ROADRALLY FOR STREET-LEGAL CARS -- TO GPS OR NOT GPS, THAT IS THE QUESTION!
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America invites you to a fun drive in the country around Decatur, Texas. The team who visits all the required landmarks in the shortest distance will win, and the winners will receive awards. Speed is not a factor.
- Rally Day: Saturday, August 25, 2012
- Starting Place: Shell Station at US 380 and Business 380 northeast of Decatur. Due to construction, Business 380 may not be identified. Just turn left as soon as you see the big Shell service station on your left, then enter the station at the first driveway.
- Registration opens at 9:00am on Rally Day. After registering, you will receive your instructions for the odometer check, which ends near Eagles Canyon Raceway (ECR) on FM 51. Registration will close at 10:00am.
- After the odo check, you will drive a short distance to ECR, where you will receive your instructions for finding the ten locations in Wise and Jack Counties that you have to find, and then visit.
- Take a few minutes to determine your route from maps provided. No electronica aids or extra maps permitted here.
- Cars leave the official start whenever you are ready, in any order (but at 1 minute intervals). First car out about 10:15.
- Length: as short as you can make it in miles, probably about 4 hours in time
- Finish: Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes, 201 W. Main, Decatur, Texas
- Rally type: Shortest distance rally. SCCA calls this a GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally.
- Route: You choose your route from maps provided. You may use any public road you wish in your attempt to log the shortest distance on your odometer. There are short stretches of unpaved (but good quality) road as you approach certain landmarks (e.g., those cited in questions 3 and 9), and, depending on your chosen route, you may encounter additional stretches of good quality unpaved road, though we would expect this to be the exception.
- Classes: E (electronic aids such as GPS, map programs, smart phones allowed); S (no GPS or any other electronics allowed).
- Special award to the first-time rallyist with the best score, not otherwise placing.
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, Convertibles, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: "speed" is not a factor.
- Rally Fee: $30.00 SCCA Members: $10.00 discount. You must pay with registration here. A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rally Master: John Poulos.
On public roads, always at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and a friend!
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
See the rally flier at www.texassca.org/rallytime .
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With over 40,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
A road rally is not a contest of speed or racing. The challenge is to ascertain a route that visits 10 pre-selected locations in the shortest distance. Then drive that route at legal speeds and get to the finish within an alloted time.
This is the third event in the 2012
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rallytime
This rally is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA RoadRally Championship.
Sanction Number 2012-RG-41-02.