Clear Blue Sky Rally
SCCA - Texas Region - RoadRally
Registration closed July 12, 2013 6:00 PM on July 12, 2013 6:00 PM CDT Registration ends July 12, 2013 6:00 PM on July 12, 2013 6:00 PM CDT Registration opens June 2, 2013 12:00 AM on June 2, 2013 12:00 AM CDT Registration runs from June 2, 2013 12:00 AM to July 12, 2013 6:00 PM
CLEAR BLUE SKY RALLY
This road rally will show off some pretty roads in Grayson County, and a few in Collin County as well. To keep you from getting bored on this fun trip, there will be a few course-following tests, designed to see how well you can follow the rules, and to keep you from getting lost if you go the wrong way. Signs and landmarks that you find will tell us which way you went.
- Rally Day: Saturday, July 13, 2013
- Starting Place: Brandon Tomes Subaru, 1100 S. Central Expy. in McKinney, Texas, 75070
- Registration: 9:00am to 9:45am on Rally Day
- Novice meeting: 9:45am
- Cars leave the start: 10:00am plus your car number
- Length: 120 miles (~3 hours)
- Finish: El Pueblo Restaurant, 1909 Texoma Pkwy, Sherman TX, 75090
- Rally type: GTA (fun run).A clipboard and pencil is all you need
- Route: paved roads in Grayson County, and a few in Collin county
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: "speed" is not a factor. Cars built before 1950 get a little extra time
- Rally Fee: $20.00 for SCCA Members: $25.00 for non-members. $5.00 late fee if not preregistered here .
- Four classes: First Timer, Novice (<3 rally trophies), General, and Master.
- Rally Master: Liz Witt
All on paved roads, at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and a friend!
You will want to do online registration (here at MotorsportReg.com) because then you will be mailed the rally rules a few days before the event.
See the rally flyer at http://texasscca.org/rallytime.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 50,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
A road rally is not a contest of speed or racing. The challenge is to follow a prescribed course at legal speeds and to read signs and landmarks along the route to find answers to questions supplied by the organizers.
This is the second event in the 2013
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org
This rally is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA RoadRally Championship. Sanction Number 2013-RG-41-02.