Clear Blue Sky Rally
Registration closed September 10, 2015 6:00 PM on September 10, 2015 6:00 PM CDT Registration ends September 10, 2015 6:00 PM on September 10, 2015 6:00 PM CDT Registration opens June 17, 2015 9:30 AM on June 17, 2015 9:30 AM CDT Registration runs from June 17, 2015 9:30 AM to September 10, 2015 6:00 PM
CLEAR BLUE SKY: PRIME TIME
AN SCCA NATIONAL ROAD RALLY
Saturday, September 12, 2015
Clear Blue Sky refers to our hope for a beautiful day for a drive in the country. You will start in Decatur, take about a 135-mile drive on the beautiful paved roads of Wise County, many in the LBJ National Grasslands, and return to Decatur. Prime Time refers to the type of questions we will ask you about the Numbers identifying the roads that you encounter as you drive. We may ask which road numbers are Prime Numbers or which are evenly divisible by a specified prime number. A calculator is recommended. We will provide a list of Prime Numbers. To keep you on your toes, we will present you with some opportunities to take scenic off course loops. In this case we may ask you what road(s) you travelled on, if you saw a specified road, or in which direction you turned. We will score you on how well you answer questions and follow the proper course. High scoring cars will win trophies.
Presenting a National road rally means that top cars get double points in the race for the National GTA Rally Championship. Attention out-of-Region entrants: the "Master" class is for the most experienced rallyists, and does not provide trophies. There will probably be few entrants in this class, meaning a high placing is likely. Attention local entrants: few cities offer as many rallies as we do, so you have a good chance to win a national trophy. Placing here will be a good start. Two members of our rally committee have done so in years past.
- Registration will be at La Quinta Inn & Suites at 1405 South Hwy 287, Decatur,TX 76234. Registration will be open from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm on Friday in the hotel meeting room, and will reopen Saturday from 8:00 am to 9:00 am. First car out will be at 9:31 am, with others at 1 minute intervals.
- We will finish at Bono's Chophouse on US287 north of US380 in Decatur.
- Any four-wheel, street legal vehicle with two people who are old enough to read is eligible to enter. Cars built before 1945 may get a little extra time to complete the course.
- Entry fee: $25.00. SCCA members get a $5.00 discount. Preregistration here at MotorsportReg.com is highly recommended. The shortcut is msreg.com/CBS15msr. Those who register on September 11 or 12 will pay a $5.00 late fee. Online rgistration closes at 6:00 pm on Thursday, September 10.
- We will email the event rules to all who preregister, starting the two weeks prior to the rally.
- The image at the top of this screen is from the original Clear Blue Sky Rally, which ended at a vintage aircraft facility. No connections to aircraft this year.
This will be the third event in the 2015 Texas Region SCCA Championship Road Rally Series.
For more information on the Road Rally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rallytime
This rally is sanctioned as a National Rally by SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA Road Rally Championship. Sanction Number 2015-NG-41-03.