BMWCCA-GGC Autocross - Test & Tune - 07/25/15
Registration closed July 22, 2015 12:00 PM on July 22, 2015 12:00 PM PDT Registration ends July 22, 2015 12:00 PM on July 22, 2015 12:00 PM PDT Registration opens June 29, 2015 12:00 AM on June 29, 2015 12:00 AM PDT Registration runs from June 29, 2015 12:00 AM to July 22, 2015 12:00 PM
Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter for our annual Test & Tune/Open Practice Day at Marina Airport.
NOTE: WE HAVE REACHED OUR MAXIMUM OF 50 CARS FOR THIS EVENT, SO IT'S SOLD OUT. If you're sharing a car with someone who's already registered with a car, then we have spots left. We'll look at registration stats every day and make sure your status is set accordingly.
- This event is NOT recommended for first timers because we won't have our full staff of instructors/coaches available. However, if you are new to autocross and are interested in attending, we (of course) will not turn anyone away. Contact us ahead of time to let us know you're new so we can get you going on the right foot.
- YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF BMWCCA TO SIGN-UP FOR THIS EVENT. If you are not, you may join during registration or join yourself at bmwcca.org.
- LUNCH IS OPTIONAL. If you want us to order you a sandwich, be sure to make your selection on the registration page.
- NO ON-SITE OR LATE SIGN-UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- This event is private and for registered participants and accompanied guests only. No one will be permitted entry to the site after 08:45am.
- ONLY Snell 2005 or 2010 certified helmets (M or SA) are required for all GGC autocross events. Check the sticker inside your helmet and make sure it is valid. We have a small number of loaners available if you need to borrow a helmet - no charge.
- All cars are welcome and unlike our driving schools, stock convertibles are accepted - roll cages are not required. We do not allow SUV/SAV vehicles to participate, however. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend.
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event.
- Staff will be on site around 7am to start course setup. Tech inspections will start around 7:30am. Registration will be open from 8-8:45am. A mandatory driver/guest meeting will start at 9am, followed by a course walk. First car out around 9:45am.
- DRONES or anything resembling a drone ARE NOT permitted at any GGC Autocross event. Do not bring one, do not ask to fly one.
- MSR BUG - There is a bug in this registration software that will send you an e-mail to offer you help if you stop your registration before you complete it, even if you return and successfully complete it shortly after. This is causing some confusion with our customers and we apologize - there's nothing we can do about it. If you receive a confirmation e-mail that you are registered, you are registered and there is no need to panic.
Join us for our annual Test & Tune/Open test and practice day at Marina. This is an open format event that will run from 8am until 5pm. No run groups or car classes will be assigned, just plenty of opportunity for tuning, practice, and of course fun driving!
We will offer two exercises:
1) Figure 8/Skidpad/Oval (multi-purpose exercise)
2) Mini autocross course (approximately 40s)
The Figure-8 is an excellent exercise to explore over and understeer, skid recovery, throttle and steering smoothness, trail braking, vision, and braking smoothness. It is not for practicing drifting or burn outs.
The mini-course will include various elements you can expect to see during a competition event. The timing equipment will be set up with the display at the finish so you can run the course and see if your tuning and driver tweaks are making you faster.
We will start set up around 0715am and expect to open the test areas by 9am. Any help setting up is always appreciated! Donuts will be provided to fuel the setup crew, so come early, lend a hand, and socialize with your fellow club members.
Upon arrival you will be required to check in at the trailer, sign the waivers, get your helmet checked, and get a wrist band. Only registered people will be allowed on site - no guests.
Participants are welcome to come and go throughout the day and run the exercises as much as you want. Even if you cannot tune your car's suspension, running the mini course is a great way to practice for our next competition event on Saturday August 15, 2015.
Event pricing is $50 and $5 for an optional sandwich lunch.