Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter 2014 for a Pre-Season Test & Tune/Open Practice Day at Marina Airport.
- This event is NOT recommended for first timers because we won't have our full staff of instructors/coaches available. However, if you are new to autocross and are interested in attending, we (of course) will not turn anyone away. Contact us ahead of time to let us know you're new so we can get you going on the right foot.
- Staff will be on site around 7am to start course setup. Registration will open around 7:30am.
- All participants must be members of BMWCCA. You will have an opportunity to add a membership or renewal purchase to your registration before you check out. BMW ownership is not required to join BMWCCA. All are welcome!
- This is a self-tech event. You are required to ensure the safety of your own vehicle. Checklist items are included on the next page, and will be e-mailed to you a few days prior to the event. If you want someone to help you tech at the event, please ask at the trailer when you arrive.
- Helmets are required to participate in this event. Snell 2005 or 2010 certified helmets (M or SA) are now required for all GGC driving events. Check the sticker in your helmet and make sure it is valid. If this is your first event with GGC, or your helmet doesn't have one of our stickers, we will inspect and sticker your helmet at check-in. If your helmet is expired, we have a small number of loaners available at no charge to you.
- No onsite sign-ups will be accepted.
- Only licensed drivers age 16 and up are allowed to drive.
- All cars are welcome and unlike our driving schools, stock convertibles are accepted - roll cages are not required. We do not allow SUV/SAV vehicles to participate however. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend.
- This event is limited to 50 cars.
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event.
Join us for a Pre-Season Test & Tune/Open test and practice day at Marina. This is an open format event that will run from 8am until 5pm. No run groups or car classes will be assigned, just plenty of opportunity for tuning, practice, and of course fun driving!
We will offer two exercises:
1) Figure 8/Skidpad/Oval (multi-purpose exercise)
2) Mini autocross course (approximately 40s)
The Figure-8 is an excellent exercise to explore over and understeer, skid recovery, throttle and steering smoothness, trail braking, vision, and braking smoothness. It is not for practicing drifting or burn outs.
The mini-course will include various elements you can expect to see during a competition event. The timing equipment will be set up with the display at the finish so you can run the course and see if your tuning and driver tweaks are making you faster.
We will start set up around 0715am and expect to open the test areas by 9am. Any help setting up is always appreciated! Donuts will be provided to fuel the setup crew, so come early, lend a hand, and socialize with your fellow club members.
Upon arrival you will be required to check in at the trailer, sign the waivers, get your helmet checked, and get a wrist band. Only registered people will be allowed on site - no guests.
Participants are welcome to come and go throughout the day and run the exercises as much as you want. Even if you cannot tune your car's suspension, running the mini course is a great way to practice for our first competition event on Saturday April 26th, 2014.
Event pricing is $50 and $5 for an optional sandwich lunch.