BMWCCA-GGC Autocross - Test & Tune - 03/12/16
BMW CCA - Golden Gate Chapter - Autocross
Registration closed March 9, 2016 12:00 PM on March 9, 2016 12:00 PM PST Registration ends March 9, 2016 12:00 PM on March 9, 2016 12:00 PM PST Registration opens February 22, 2016 12:00 PM on February 22, 2016 12:00 PM PST Registration runs from February 22, 2016 12:00 PM to March 9, 2016 12:00 PM
Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter for our annual Test & Tune/Open Practice Day at Marina Airport.
THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT OF CAR+DRIVER SPOTS. We sometimes get cancellations, so if you sign up you'll be put on the wait list and notified if a spot opens up.
- This event is NOT recommended for first timers or inexperienced autocrossers because we won't have our full staff of instructors/coaches available. The spirit of this event is to experiment with car setup to dial in your vehicle's handling dynamics, then test the changes on the two exercises.
- YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF BMWCCA TO SIGN-UP FOR THIS EVENT. If you are not, you may join during registration or join yourself at bmwcca.org.
- LUNCH IS OPTIONAL. If you want us to order you a sandwich, be sure to make your selection on the registration page.
- NO ON-SITE OR LATE SIGN-UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- This event is private and for registered participants and accompanied guests only.
- Snell 2005 or newer helmets (M or SA) are required for all GGC autocross events. Check the sticker inside your helmet and make sure it is valid. We have a small number of loaners available if you need to borrow a helmet - no charge. If you do not have a GGC sticker on your helmet, we must inspect it at check-in.
- All cars are welcome and unlike our driving schools, stock convertibles are accepted - roll cages are not required. We do not allow SUV/SAV vehicles to participate, however. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend.
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event.
- DRONES or anything resembling a drone ARE NOT permitted at any GGC Autocross event. Do not bring one, do not ask to fly one.
Join us for our annual Test & Tune/Open test and practice day at Marina. This is an open format event that will run from 8am until 5pm. No run groups or car classes will be assigned, just plenty of opportunity for tuning, practice, and of course fun driving!
We will offer two exercises:
1) Figure 8/Skidpad/Oval (multi-purpose exercise)
2) Mini autocross course (approximately 40s)
The Figure-8 is an excellent exercise to explore over and understeer, skid recovery, throttle and steering smoothness, trail braking, vision, and braking smoothness. It is not for practicing drifting or burn outs - you will be asked to leave if this is your goal for the day!
The mini-course will include various elements you can expect to see during a competition event. The timing equipment will be set up with the display at the finish so you can run the course and see if your tuning and driver tweaks are making you faster.
We will start set up around 0715am and expect to open the test areas by 9am. Any help setting up is always appreciated! Donuts will be provided to fuel the setup crew, so come early, lend a hand, and socialize with your fellow club members.
Upon arrival you will be required to check in at the trailer, sign the waivers, get your helmet checked, and get a wrist band. Only registered participants will be allowed on site - no guests please.
Participants are welcome to come and go throughout the day and run the exercises as much as you want.
This event is limited to 50 cars.