BMWCCA-GGC Autocross School - 02/20/2016
BMW CCA - Golden Gate Chapter - Autocross
Registration closed February 17, 2016 12:00 PM on February 17, 2016 12:00 PM PST Registration ends February 17, 2016 12:00 PM on February 17, 2016 12:00 PM PST Registration opens January 31, 2016 12:00 PM on January 31, 2016 12:00 PM PST Registration runs from January 31, 2016 12:00 PM to February 17, 2016 12:00 PM
BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter Beginner Autocross School - Saturday February 20, 2016 at Marina Airport.
Photo credit: Ratko Jagodic
- This event is limited to 30 students. Once we reach our maximum a wait list will be started. We MAY be able to let more than 30 students in, depending on instructor count, so sign up even if the event is full.
- This event is reserved for first-time autocrossers with 0-2 events of experience. If you're more experienced and wish to attend, please contact us BEFORE signing up.
- YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF BMWCCA TO SIGN-UP FOR THIS EVENT. If you are not, you may join during registration or join yourself at bmwcca.org.
- LUNCH IS INCLUDED. You'll have an opportunity to choose your lunch option during registration..
- NO ON-SITE OR LATE SIGN-UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- This event is private and for registered participants and accompanied guests only. No one will be permitted entry to the site after 08:00am.
- Snell 2005 or 2010 certified helmets (M or SA) are required for all GGC autocross events. Check the sticker inside your helmet and make sure it is valid. We will inspect and sticker your helmet at check-in. We have a small number of loaners available if you need to borrow a helmet - no charge.
- All cars are welcome and unlike our driving schools, stock convertibles are accepted - roll cages are not required. We do not allow SUV/SAV vehicles to participate, however. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend.
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event.
- Staff will be on site around 7am to start course setup. Tech inspections will start around 7:30am. Registration will be open from 7:30-8:00am. A mandatory driver/guest meeting will start PROMPTLY at 8:30am. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY
Join the Golden Gate Chapter for our beginner autocross school! This event is reserved for students with minimal to no autocross experience. If you've never autocrossed before, this event is for you!
We are limiting the student count to just 30 drivers to maximize your seat time and to give you gobs of one on one personal instruction.
- Tons of seat time and 1:1 instruction
- Lunch, snacks, and liquid refreshments
- A $50 credit on your MSR account to be applied to a future GGC Autocross event
- More grins than any human can handle in one day.
We'll have a challenging course set up with several elements designed to teach you specific autocross skills and performance driving techniques. We do not require previous high performance driver training or experience, but participation in a Car Control Clinc or similar training is beneficial. No special car preparation is needed.
Our events are very social and we welcome all makes of cars, not just BMWs and MINI.
Click the button below to sign up! This event is expected to sell out quickly, so get signed up early. We can accept a maximum of 30 students for this event.
Questions? Please write us.