Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter for Autocross Fun Run Event at Candlestick Park on SUNDAY February 23, 2014
- Staff will be on site around 7am to start course setup. Tech inspections will start around 7:30am. Registration will be open from 7:30am-8:45am. A mandatory driver/guest meeting will start at 9am, followed by a course walk. First car out around 9:45am.
- Helmets are required to participate in this event. Snell 2005 or 2010 certified helmets (M or SA) are now required for all GGC driving events. Check the sticker in your helmet and make sure it is valid. If this is your first 2013 event with GGC, we will need to inspect and sticker your helmet at check-in. If your helmet is expired, we have a small number of loaners available free of charge.
- No onsite sign-ups will be accepted.
- Only licensed drivers age 16 and up are allowed to drive.
- All cars are welcome and unlike our driving schools, stock convertibles are accepted - roll cages are not required. We do not allow SUV/SAV vehicles to participate however. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend.
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event.
Join us on SUNDAY 02/23/14 for another fun-run style event! We've been having a lot of pre-season fun this year with non-compete events to help our members deal with autocross withdrawal and prepare for our first regular season competition event in late April. This is a non-compete event where we'll have the timing system running, worker assignments, and organized run groups. This is a great way to see how we roll and learn a lot too.
This is our only event at Candlestick this year and due to the convenience of the location, we do expect it will sell out all 100 spots. Register early! and bring your friends!
First timers and novice autocrossers are welcome at this event. We do not require previous high performance driver training or experience, but completion of one of our Car Control Clinics (CCC) or similar training is highly recommended.
Want to do a CCC first? You're in luck! Our Club is hosting one the day before on Saturday 2/22/14 - how convenient! Click HERE
to register for that event.
No special car preparation is needed to autocross, in fact, we recommend you bring the car you drive on a daily basis. Doing so will give you a greater appreciation for your car's capabilities and improve your driving skills in the process.
Our events are very social and we welcome all makes of cars, not just BMWs and MINI. Unlike some other clubs, we don't limit registrations from other marques. Everyone has the same chance of getting in! You're likely to see a sprinkling of vehicles from Porsche, Mazda, Honda, Lexus, Lotus, even Aston Martin and Corvette!
Click the button below to get signed up!
Questions? Please write us.