BMWCCA-GGC Autocross Fun Run - 12/17/2016
BMW CCA - Golden Gate Chapter - Autocross
Registration closed December 14, 2016 12:00 PM on December 14, 2016 12:00 PM PST Registration ends December 14, 2016 12:00 PM on December 14, 2016 12:00 PM PST Registration opens November 14, 2016 12:00 PM on November 14, 2016 12:00 PM PST Registration runs from November 14, 2016 12:00 PM to December 14, 2016 12:00 PM
Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter for a Fun Run Autocross event at Marina Airport on Saturday December 17, 2016.
Photo Credit: Ovidiu Predescu
- LUNCH IS OPTIONAL. If you want us to order you a sandwich, be sure to make your selection on the registration page.
- NO ON-SITE OR LATE SIGN-UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- This event is private and for registered participants and accompanied guests only. No one will be permitted entry to the site after 08:15am.
- Snell 2005 or 2010 certified helmets (M or SA) are required for all GGC autocross events. Check the sticker inside your helmet and make sure it is valid. If this is your first 2016 event with GGC, or you do not have a "GGC 2016" inspection sticker on your helmet, we will need to inspect and sticker your helmet at check-in. We have a small number of loaners available if you need to borrow a helmet - no charge.
- All cars are welcome and unlike our driving schools, stock convertibles are accepted - roll cages are not required. We do not allow SUV/SAV vehicles to participate, however. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend.
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event.
- Staff will be on site around 7am to start course setup. Tech inspections will start around 7:30am. Registration will be open from 7:30-8:15am. A mandatory driver/guest meeting will start PROMPTLY at 8:30am. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY
This is a fun-run style event where we will bring back a course from a past season and run it again! This is a non-compete event, but we will have the timing system up and running.
We do not require previous high performance driver training or experience, but completion of one of our Car Control Clinics or similar training is highly recommended. First timers and inexperienced autorcrossers are welcome at this event. Because this is a fun-run event, we will not have our full compliment of coaches available, but we will do our best to provide in-car coaching to all who want it.
No special car preparation is needed, in fact, we recommend you bring the car you drive on a daily basis. Doing so will give you a greater appreciation for your car's capabilities and improve your driving skills in the process.
Our events are very social and we welcome all makes of cars, not just BMWs and MINI. Unlike some other clubs, we don't limit registrations from other marques. Everyone has the same chance of getting in! You're likely to see a sprinkling of vehicles from Porsche, Mazda, Honda, Lexus, Lotus, even Aston Martin and Corvette!
Click the button below and get signed up!
Questions? Please write us.