>>>>>>>>>> NOTE: This event has been rescheduled for Saturday February 1, 2014. Registration will remain open until Wednesday January 29th. >>>>>>>>>>
Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter for a Course Rewind Autocross event at Marina Airport on Saturday February 1, 2014.
- Staff will be on site around 7am to start course setup. Registration will be open from 8-8:45am. A mandatory driver/guest meeting will start at 9am, followed by a course walk. First car out around 9:45am.
- All participants must be members of BMWCCA. You will have an opportunity to add a membership or renewal purchase to your registration before you check out. BMW ownership is not required to join BMWCCA. All are welcome!
- Helmets are required to participate in this event. Snell 2005 or 2010 certified helmets (M or SA) are now required for all GGC driving events. Check the sticker in your helmet and make sure it is valid. If this is your first event with GGC, or your helmet doesn't have one of our stickers, we will inspect and sticker your helmet at check-in. If your helmet is expired, we have a small number of loaners available at no charge to you.
- No onsite sign-ups will be accepted.
- Only licensed drivers age 16 and up are allowed to drive.
- All cars are welcome and unlike our driving schools, stock convertibles are accepted - roll cages are not required. We do not allow SUV/SAV vehicles to participate however. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend.
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event.
We wrapped up our 2013 season in November which makes for a long wait until April's first regular season event. To help you deal with your GGC Autocross withdrawal symptoms, we're holding our annual Course Rewind event at Marina Airport. This is a fun-run style event where we bring back a favorite course from the previous season and run it again! This is a non-compete event, but we will have the timing system up and running.
We do not require previous high performance driver training or experience, but completion of one of our Car Control Clinics or similar training is highly recommended. First timers and inexperienced autorcrossers are welcome at this event. Because this is a fun-run event, we will not have our full compliment of coaches available, but we will do our best to provide in-car coaching to all who want it.
No special car preparation is needed, in fact, we recommend you bring the car you drive on a daily basis. Doing so will give you a greater appreciation for your car's capabilities and improve your driving skills in the process.
Our events are very social and we welcome all makes of cars, not just BMWs and MINI. Unlike some other clubs, we don't limit registrations from other marques. Everyone has the same chance of getting in! You're likely to see a sprinkling of vehicles from Porsche, Mazda, Honda, Lexus, Lotus, even Aston Martin and Corvette!
Click the button below and get signed up!
Questions? Please write us.