ARPCA Pitt Race - Autocross Event #1
Registration closed May 27, 2016 11:59 PM on May 27, 2016 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends May 27, 2016 11:59 PM on May 27, 2016 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens April 25, 2016 12:00 AM on April 25, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Registration runs from April 25, 2016 12:00 AM to May 27, 2016 11:59 PM
Autocross (AX) will give you the opportunity to test yourself and develop your own skill set, as well as learn the limits of your vehicle in a safe and controlled environment. All events are based around a course made of traffic cones and each lap timed for each driver. AX seldom exceeds speeds of 60 mph and has no “wheel to wheel” competition.
AX is a great entry-level competitive driving event that requires little car prep, time or money. Beginners are welcome and there are no pre-requisites other than a vehicle in safe working condition. Before each event begins there is a guided Course Walk that takes you step by step through the driving line and explains how to navigate through the cones. This is especially helpful for first-timers and those that want a second perspective.
While the size of the field will determine the number of runs which occur last year we averaged 4 - 6 runs in both the morning and afternoon.
The open 2016 AX Season events includes:
- Saturday May 28th At Pittrace ARPCA Auto-X School
- Sunday May 29th At Pittrace ARPCA Event #1
- Saturday July 30th At Pittrace ARPCA Event #2
- Saturday October 22nd At Greensburg/Jeanette Airport Event #3 (FALL FEST)
- PCA Member: $30 per driver.
- Non-member: $40 per driver.
- On-site registration is $40.
- Gates open 8am
- Open Course walk 8:15-9:30
- Registration begins 8-9:15
- Tech 8:30-9:30
- Guided course walk 9:30
- Drivers meeting 9:45
- First Car off 10:00
- Number of runs will be determined by number of participants – There will at least be 4 runs per driver in the AM and 4 in the PM session
If multiple drives in one car must register separately!