ARPCA Instructor Training - Classroom Session
Registration closed March 17, 2014 11:59 PM on March 17, 2014 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends March 17, 2014 11:59 PM on March 17, 2014 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens February 2, 2014 3:00 PM on February 2, 2014 3:00 PM EST Registration runs from February 2, 2014 3:00 PM to March 17, 2014 11:59 PM
Instructors, Brush up on your Instructing Skills
The Allegheny Region Porsche Club of America (ARPCA) is hosting an Instructor Training Program in conjunction with Pitt Race and you are invited to attend.
This training will consist of two (2) classes! The first will consist of a classroom only session, which will be held on Saturday March 22, 2014 at the RLA (Regional Learning Alliance) in Cranberry, PA.
The second session will be a track driving session, which will be held, at Pitt-Race in Wampum, PA.
Each event costs $75.00 registration is required. At the completion of Session #1, you will receive a $75.00 credit on MSR, which can be used for registration at one of ARPCA’s Drivers Education during 2014.
• Cost: $75.00 per Instructor – Each Session
Session #1 - Classroom - This Registration
• When: March 22, 2014
• Time: Registration opens at 8:30 - Class starts at 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM – lunch will be provided.
• Where: Regional Learning Alliance (RLA)
850 Cranberry Woods Drive
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
• About this session: This session will consist of two parts. First will be a presentation of the ARPCA classroom materials and DE Primer to familiarize everyone with what is being taught in the classroom. The goal is to create consistency between the classroom instruction and in-car instruction. Following a Q&A, E. Paul Dickenson will present a workshop on what we're teaching, why we're teaching it and methods in-car instructors can utilize to bring the message home effectively to our students.
Session #2 – Driving Session - separate registration required on MSR
• When: April 18, 2014
• Time: Registration at 8:30AM Class 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM – lunch will be provided.
• Where: Pittsburgh International Race Complex
PittRace - Wampum, PA
• About this session: This session will consist of on-track driving, teaching scenarios, in car exercises as well as role-playing. Specific details will be discussed in the Classroom Session.
Everyone should bring a track worthy car. For this exercise, a quiet street car is better than a race car. This will promote a relaxed session with easy communication. Remember, you won't be going that fast AND the "mentor" will be driving the student's car - so the seating should be adjustable.
Bring your communication device
Why Instructor Training?
Around 10 years ago ARPCA started an instructor training program in support of our regional Driver’s Education program. As DE’s have continued to gain in popularity, stronger instructing and in-car coaching have become more valuable.
Who can participate?
You must be an approved instructor for the ARPCA region or Pitt Race to register for this event. If you are not currently an approved instructor for one of these groups you will need to talk with John Schrenker, the Chief Instructor for ARPCA Region.
John’s contact information is: Chief.Instructor@ARPCA.com
There are plenty of spaces available we can host up to 90. Should we need to we will establish a waiting list and fill it based on any cancelations.