2017 Championship Autocross Event #1
SCCA - Chicago Region - Solo
Registration closed April 9, 2017 11:59 PM on April 9, 2017 11:59 PM CDT Registration ends April 9, 2017 11:59 PM on April 9, 2017 11:59 PM CDT Registration opens March 9, 2017 12:00 AM on March 9, 2017 12:00 AM CST Registration runs from March 9, 2017 12:00 AM to April 9, 2017 11:59 PM
Full Event Schedule and Rules can be found on our site here:
Race Day Schedule:
7:30am to 8:15am Registration
7:40am to 8:45am Worker Assignment
7:30am to 8:45am Tech Inspection
7:30am to 9:00am Course Walking
8:45am Novice Course Walk
9:00am Drivers Meeting & 1st Heat Worker Check-in
9:15am First Car Off
We typically finish up around 5:00pm
There will be a hard registration cut off at 8:15am on the day of the event. Please be prompt! Showing up after that won't allow you time to walk the course. Drivers not familiar with the course often get lost and slow the event down which isn't fair to others.
$40 for Chicago Region SCCA Member Early Registration (closes two days before event at midnight)
$50 for Chicago Region SCCA Member Late/On-Site registration
$55 for Non-Member Early Registration (closes two days before event at midnight) -- Cost Includes SCCA Weekend Membership
$60 for Non-Member Late/On-Site Registration -- Cost Includes SCCA Weekend Membership
Are you new?
- New Driver Liaisons will be available throughout the event if you should have any questions/concerns. Please ask at registration and listen to announcements made throughout the morning.
- Arrive at site between 7:00am-7:30am
- Listen for announcements made regarding the New Driver Liaisons and New Drivers
- Proceed to registration (Refer to Registration), and be sure to obtain a Work Assignment
- Return to car, make car race ready and proceed to Technical Inspection. (Refer to Technical Inspection)
- Return car to paddock and proceed to start of course to get work assignment. (Refer to Registration)
- Walk the course.
- Meet New Driver Liaison near the start of course for New Driver Course Walk at 8:45am
- We run rain or shine in all kinds of temperatures. However, the event will be temporarily suspended while lightning is observed in the immediate area. Please bring appropriate rain/cold/hot/sunny weather gear. Make sure you also bring something to cover and/or secure your gear while it is not in your car (plastic garbage bags or a tarp)
Note: Novice Class drivers run with their standard class (ie. N-STX would run & work with STX).
Note: Though we try to avoid making changes whenever possible, you must listen for announcements in case a class has changed it's Run/Work Heats.