Spring 2016 North Star Club M Day
BMW CCA - North Star Chapter
Registration closed April 10, 2016 3:30 PM on April 10, 2016 3:30 PM CDT Registration ends April 10, 2016 3:30 PM on April 10, 2016 3:30 PM CDT Registration opens December 19, 2015 12:00 PM on December 19, 2015 12:00 PM CST Registration runs from December 19, 2015 12:00 PM to April 10, 2016 3:30 PM
The North Star Chapter is excited to offer our members the opportunity to avail of a BMW CCA M Day at the Performance Center in Greer, South Carolina! This is a unique event tailored to BMW CCA Chapters using the Performance Center’s superb range of M cars, which includes the M3, M4 and M5. Please note that the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to this program, so session content and cars available may vary from one school to the next.
There will be classroom instruction followed by various in-car activities with the Center’s exceptional instructors. In-car activities include skid pad, driving dynamics on special handling courses and timed competition events. No helmets or previous driving school experience is required. The program runs from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and includes instruction in current model M cars, lunch and gift bags.
The North Star Chapter has secured Saturday, April 16th, 2016 for this unmissable opportunity. We are also working with BMW to organize a tour of BMW Zentrum (museum) and the Spartanburg manufacturing plant on Friday, April 15th. This will be confirmed when BMW finalizes their tour schedules in February.
The event itself will cost $660 per person and is based on 32 participants. This represents an exceptional discount for a Performance Center event and to qualify, the Chapter needs 32 participants registered by February 6th, 2016. To ensure commitment, the Chapter requires that the event fee of $660 be paid in full at the time of registration. Each North Star member is permitted to bring a non-member guest whose fees would be paid by the member through the standard registration process. If the Chapter fails to secure 32 registered participants by February 6th, the event will be canceled and all fees will be refunded in full.
The BMW Performance Center recommends the following hotels:
- The Greenville Marriott, 1 Parkway E, Greenville, SC 29615.
- The Spartanburg Marriott, 299 N Church St, Spartanburg, SC 29306.
- Hyatt Regency Greenville, 220 N Main St, Greenville, SC 29601.
- Crowne Plaza Greenville, 851 Congaree Rd, Greenville, SC 29607.
Friday, April 15, 2016
- 3:00 pm: Visit BMW Zentrum and factory tour (tour subject to confirmation).
- 7:00 pm: Group Dinner.
Saturday, April 16, 2016
- 8:00 am: Meet at the BMW Performance Center.
- 8:15 am - 9:00 am: Classroom session for all participants.
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm: Four concurrent driving events: 1. Driving & drifting an M3 on the skid pad. 2. Corner entry exercise in an M4. 3. Driving an M5 on the handling course. 4. Driving an M3 in an event called the “rat race” with competition between two cars on a wet rectangular skid pad.
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Lunch.
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm: Four concurrent driving events. 1. Driving an M3 for lead/follow sessions on the upper track. 2. Timed laps in an M5 on the handling course. 3. Figure 8’s in an M4. 4. Lapping on the lower track in an M3.
- 7:00 pm: Group Dinner.