2013 Annual Membership
Registration closed December 31, 2013 11:59 PM on December 31, 2013 11:59 PM MST Registration ends December 31, 2013 11:59 PM on December 31, 2013 11:59 PM MST Registration opens March 21, 2013 12:00 AM on March 21, 2013 12:00 AM MDT Registration runs from March 21, 2013 12:00 AM to December 31, 2013 11:59 PM
Planning to spend lots of time on the track this summer? Then this is for you …
The Track Junkies group is Alberta’s premium recreational lapping day experience, with a safe environment for people with high-value track cars to come out and play. We already have 12 dates book on the new Castrol Raceway road course from May through September, including the Friday before every NASCC race weekend, with more in the works.
Member benefits include:
- Early registration (typically 7-10 days before the general public)
- Discounted registration fees (typically $100 per event)
Annual Membership Fee: $500 + 5% GST (total $525.00)
More About Track Junkies:
We are NOT a racing organization. Our events are non-competitive high-speed lapping events. (Please contact the registrar if you are looking for a racing experience, and we will provide you with contact information for the local FIA affiliate).
The overview of our format is that we will have four run groups with three distinct passing protocols as follows:
· Green group: For novice drivers, we are going to have a group with designated point-by passing on the longer straights only. This is also the protocol we use for instructing.
· Yellow and Orange groups: For intermediate and advanced-intermediate drivers who are experienced and situationally aware, we offer point-by passing everywhere on the track. The expectation is that drivers in this group will give a point-by on all straights at a minimum, and that they will be comfortable making room in most of the corners as well. With the ability to pass anywhere, these groups should be free-flowing without a lot of congestion or long trains. Yellow will be the slower cars; orange the faster cars. If participation is low, we'll combine into one intermediate group and split the additional track time among the remaining groups.
· Red group: For the most advanced drivers, we offer open passing. This group is for those with a current racing license and those with a long motorsport resume including many, many track days at a variety of venues. This is NOT a race group; reckless and overly aggressive behavior will not be tolerated. However, because of the greater expected speeds of very-experienced drivers and the higher risk associated with open passing, drivers running in this group will require an SA-2005 or newer motorsport-rated helmet, HANS device, and 5- or 6-point restraints attached to roll-over protection (structural roll bar or roll cage). This run group is targeted in part toward those who desire the opportunity for test-and-tune in advance of race weekends.
· Happy Hour: For daytime events only, the last 1.5 hours the track will be open to all participants and we will utilize the Yellow/Orange passing protocol (passing anywhere with point-by required). The track may be crowded during happy hour, so people can self-select when they want to run ... exiting or entering at any time depending on how comfortable they are with traffic.
Run groups will be scheduled in rotating sessions of approximately 20 minutes in length (with 5 minutes additional to clear the track between session).
For typical evening events, the track will be hot from 4:00 PM until 9:30 PM, with each participant having minimum one hour of scheduled track time.
For typical daytime events, the track will be hot from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM. The last 1.5 hours the track will be open to all participants and we will utilize the Yellow/Orange passing protocol (passing anywhere with point-by required). The track may be crowded during happy hour, so people can self-select when they want to run ... exiting or entering at any time depending on how comfortable they are with traffic. Including Happy Hour, each participant will have up to 2.5 hours of track time.
Because of the capacity constraint on the 1.3 km track (we don't think we can run more than 10 cars on track at any time), annual membership will be limited to 40 participants.