2012 Continental/Grand AM series at turn 5
Registration closed September 5, 2012 5:00 PM on September 5, 2012 5:00 PM PDT Registration ends September 5, 2012 5:00 PM on September 5, 2012 5:00 PM PDT Registration opens May 22, 2012 8:00 AM on May 22, 2012 8:00 AM PDT Registration runs from May 22, 2012 8:00 AM to September 5, 2012 5:00 PM
Continental / Grand-AM sportscar experience at Laguna Seca/Mazda Raceway
5th Annual Turn 5 Hospitality and Car Corral!!
Date: September 7, 8, 9, 2012
Thanks to the sponsorship’s of Stevens Creek Audi, Niello Audi, Griffin Motorwerke, Big O Tires and 2 Bennett Audimotive.
Late Breaking News on the Event! APR in the house!
Both APR drivers of the R8 Grand-AM race car will be in attendance within our tent for an informal question and answer period on Saturday the 8th - autograph session to follow. Tarpy's will be serving us twice this weekend: deliciously seasoned Pulled Pork sandwiches and salads on Saturday, and the full BBQ on-site luncheon at 11am on Sunday - race time is 12 Noon !
APR will also providing a large quantity of swag and raffle prizes for our enjoyment - come try your luck!
Because of this - we are going to extend our early registration deadline until midnight Sunday August 12th - so hurry up and sign up for the event! Adults will be $59 before the deadline!
The 2012 Hospitality event and Car Corral for the Grand-AM races at Laguna Seca will be done differently than we've done for this type of event in the past, so please read the details carefully.
For 2012, there are several ways to enjoy the hospitality of the Audi Club; You'll be able to enjoy the benefits of parking in the car corral, and the benefits of the hospitality tent (food, SWAG, viewing, TV, etc.) separately this year. Here's how it works.
Access to the Car Corral (the corral parking pass) is being sold to our members in one of two different ways.
- Purchase Corral pass directly from Laguna Seca - With this option, you purchase your corral pass as part of a 3 day race ticket, and your corral pass is a no-cost add-on to the 3 day ticket price. If you visit https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_planlist.htmI?l=EN&team=laguna&selID=87, you'll be able to buy a parking a 3 day event pass, including paddock access, and parking in the Audi car corral. The raceway is selling access to a number of car corrals, so please be sure to choose the correct corral.
- Purchase Corral pass from Audi Club - With this option, you will need to purchase the Corral pass along with your purchase of the hospitality tent. This option is best for people and families that do not wish to attend all 3 days at the track, and who plan on purchasing a 1 or 2 day race ticket. In this case, you'll be charged $11 for the Corral pass, but you will presumably purchase the lower cost race ticket, making this option financially advantageous.
A purchase of tickets through Laguna Seca will provide you with a parking pass for the Audi Corral, which will allow you to park in the Audi Corral, but it does not provide access to the Hospitality tent, special Audi Fan viewing area, access to the Technical Sessions that we're planning for the event, or any other special fan appreciation events that we're working on. To gain access to any of these activities and areas, you must purchase a pass for "Hospitality Area Access"
Hospitality area access
Access to the hospitality area is purchased through this website. Purchasing hospitality access provides you with the following.
- Snacks and soft drinks at no charge, over the course of the 3-day event
- SWAG, provided to you at the check-in station, located at the Hospitality tent
- Special access to technical sessions describing the workings of the new R8 GT Grand AM car, given only to the Audi Club
- A full, catered BBQ lunch on Saturday, including locally brewed beer, served from an iced keg
- Special display and giveaways from Motul
- Closed circuit TV access to over 25 video channels, including all corners, and multiple in-car cameras
- Protection from the wind, cold, and/or rain in a large tent, with 3 walls of protection from the elements, including a window wall for easy viewing.
- Tables and chairs allow you to relax between practice, qualifying and race segments.
- Exclusive trackside viewing area, now extended 80' between turn 4 & 5 and 150' between turn 5 & 6.
- Exclusive Turn-5 viewing area, renound for being the best viewing area at the track
Hospitality access is sold to Adults, Teens, and Children.
Adult: $59 (earlybird special until midnight August 12th), $75 regular price
Teen: $25 (12-16 years of age)
Child (under 12): Free, but you must select the appropriate number of childrens passes during registration.
Corral Parking Pass: $11, but it can only be purchased in conjunction with an adult access to the ACGG hospitality event.
Corral Parking rules
You must have a Corral Pass in order to park in the Audi Car Corral, but you do not need to bring an Audi to this event, in order to park in the corral. However, if you arrive in a non-Audi, you will be parked in an area which is located immediately adjacent to our Car Corral.
You do not need to be an Audi Club member, or an Audi Club owner to enjoy the hospitality of the Audi Club for this event. Our tent is open to everyone, but please be prepared to root for the Audis, and no other flags can be waved at this hospitality tent area.
Preliminary list of special events (subject to change)
APR Motorsport has offered to provide Audi Club members with a "tech talk" in their paddock. The theme of the talk is the new R8 GT car, raced by APR in the GT class, alongside the Daytona Prototype sportscars. Much of exactly what happens during the race weekend will be finalized between now and the day of the race, but other things we're working on with APR include the following.
- Autograph session with the drivers at the Audi Club Hospitality area
- View the APR S4 racecar up close, at the Audi Club hospitality area
- Receive a briefing from APR about the technology that they developed for the S4 racecar
- Listen to the APR engineers tell you about the R8 Rolex Car, the VW GLI, the Audi S4 or other race cars.
Obtaining wristbands for Hospitality access
Special access badges or wristbands will be used to designate that you have access to the Hospitality area. These badges will be given out to you when you visit the check-in tent, located immediately outside of the Hospitality tent. Since the paddock passes, race-day passes, and most corral passes are purchased through the raceway, we expect that you will receive these passes separately. As a result, the Audi Club will only send individual corral passes in the mail, and you will receive your Hospitality wristband when you arrive at the corral.
Obtaining Corral passes for corral parking
You may only purchase this option up to Aug 31, 2012. On Sept 1, passes will be mailed to all recipients, at the address that is listed in Motorsport.reg. If you have any special requirements for mailing of the pass, please send them directly to Larry Whitney at email@example.com. In the event that you do not receive your pass in time for the race, please contact Larry.
Make note that this year, the event at Turn-5 occurs during the same weekend as the Best Buddies event, so please be mindful that hotels are at a premium, and you should book early.
If you missed this event last year, you missed out on a great event, but this year, we're going to out do ourselves. So, come on down and enjoy the show. While you're here, come to the Audi Club hospitality tent and root for your favorite Audis.