MBCA - Legends of the Autobahn 2017
MBCA - Legends of the Autobahn
Registration closed August 7, 2017 11:59 PM on August 7, 2017 11:59 PM PDT Registration ends August 7, 2017 11:59 PM on August 7, 2017 11:59 PM PDT Registration opens February 28, 2017 9:00 AM on February 28, 2017 9:00 AM PST Registration runs from February 28, 2017 9:00 AM to August 7, 2017 11:59 PM
Welcome to the MBCA Legends of the Autobahn(r) 2017 presented by Michelin. The Mercedes-Benz Club of America invites you to be part of this very popular event. Co-hosted by MBCA, BMW Car Club of America, and Audi Club North America, this one-day MBCA national special event is the best venue to see classic Mercedes-Benz automobiles during Monterey Car Week.
Join us this year we celebrate 50 Years of AMG! Automobiles with AMG modifications will be displayed on the show field, along with AMG vehicles from Mercedes-Benz USA and Mercedes-Benz Classic Center.
MBCA members are invited to show their Mercedes-Benz in the Concours, Corral, or the Silver Star Preservation Class:
Judged Concours: All Mercedes-Benz models from 1997 and older are welcome in the eight judged Concours classes. Vehicles will compete for Best in Class, Best of Marque, along with People's Choice and other special awards. A $75 registration fee applies to cars in the Concours classes.
- Class 1: 1886-1962 Vintage Cabriolet, Convertible, Roadster
- Class 2: 1886-1959 Vintage Sedans, Coupes
- Class 3: 1963-1971 Classic Cabriolet, Coupe, Roadster
- Class 4: 1960-1971 Classic Sedan and Station Wagon
- Class 5: 1972-1997 Modern Cabriolet, Convertible, Roadster
- Class 6: 1972-1997 Modern Coupe, Sedan and Station Wagon
- Class 7: 1967-1991 AMG Pre-Merger
- Class 8: 1992-1997 AMG Post-Merger
- Class 9: 1998-2017 Modern AMG (cars displayed on the Concours show field, not judged. Automobiles will be eligible for Special Awards)
- Display-only Car Corral: Mercedes-Benz models of all ages are welcome in Corral. The three car clubs will have separate Concours judging, but the corral area will combine all three marques. A $40 registration fee applies to cars entered into the corral.
- Silver Star Preservation: This special class is for members who want to show their well-preserved, largely original, and unrestored-since-new Mercedes-Benz on the Concours field, but not have it judged. It is intended for driver-quality cars that have withstood the ravages of time, climate, and daily driving. To enter this class, your car must be 25 or more years old, be in good working order, driven to this event under its own power, and be largely original (including engine and drivetrain). Partial refurbishments of various components are acceptable, but not complete restorations (those should register in a judged class 1-7). An MBCA judge will evaluate the vehicle, and after it is certified, the owner will receive a special Silver Star Certificate in recognition of the preservation of originality and maintenance of functionality. A $60 registration fee will apply for entries in the Silver Star Preservation Class.
A breakfast buffet, lunch, and event shirts are optional and can be purchased during your registration on the following pages.
You can also visit the special manufacturers’ displays, food and beverage tents, a biergarten, club and vendor booths, and more. For 2017, more Food Trucks and restrooms are being added.
Register your car now, and spend a fun-filled day with other enthusiasts among beautiful cars!