About this event
Winter Open Weekends
Join us for our Winter Open Weekends!!
We will be running these special track days on Saturdays, and very similar to our WOW Wednesday sessions – the only difference? We do not clear the snow or prep the track in anyway – the track is left as if for cars to take laps on.
WOW Track Laps - $50 per 1-hour session – 20 Cars Maximum per Session
Cars are released onto the track strategically, allowing you to drive at whatever speed your comfort level permits, to enjoy your car’s abilities and sharpen your skills. Precautions are in place to keep you and everyone else safe; it will definitely be one of the most memorable experiences of your life.
We now have 2 different run groups
BEGINNER – Single Lap Runs
ADVANCED – 5 Laps Runs – you MUST have a minimum of 4 WOW Single Lap Run Sessions
WOW AutoCross - $20 per 1-hour session – 20 Cars Maximum per Session
Cars are released one at a time on our AutoCross course on our West Paddock - these runs will be timed. This allows you to drive at whatever speed your comfort level permits, to enjoy your car’s abilities, and sharpen your skills. Precautions are in place to keep you and everyone else safe; it will definitely be one of the most memorable experiences of your life.
***SPECIAL NOTE*** If there is bad weather and the surface for Autocross is either wet OR covered in snow, the track layout will be changed to a less aggressive setup and will be used as a defensive driving opportunity in the snow.
PLEASE READ BELOW SPECIFIC RULES FOR OUR WOW Weekend
- Helmet rentals ARE available - we are taking extreme cautions with this and will be sanitizing the helmets after each use
- After you have checked in – you must maintain 6' social distancing at all times
- If you are late and miss your session, there will be NO REFUNDS
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Helmet Rental $25
Need a helmet? UMC has helmets available for rent, sizes S-XL.
(Additional fee will be charged if the helmet is not returned)
WOW Track Laps SESSION TIMES - You can book multiple sessions
Session 1 – 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM – BEGINNER SINGLE LAP RUNS NO PASSING
Session 2 – 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM – ADVANCED 5 LAPS RUNS
Session 3 – 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM – BEGINNER SINGLE LAP RUNS NO PASSING
Session 4 – 12:45 PM – 1:45 PM – ADVANCED 5 LAPS RUNS
WOW AUTOCROSS SESSION TIMES - You can book multiple sessions
Session 1 – 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Session 2 – 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM
Session 3 – 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Session 4 – 12:45 PM – 1:45 PM
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT WINTER OPEN WEEKENDS (WOW)
Do I need to be experienced?
- NO! This is designed for those that have never been to a race track
Do I need a race car?
- NO! You can bring virtually ANY car out for WOW.
- You are required to print out our self tech inspection form and bring it on the day of your event. Safety is our highest priority, and it should be yours too.
You are responsible to ensure that your car is safe for the sake of yourself and other participants
- Download Tech Form: WOW Self Tech Form v1.0_201103.docx
- If you drive in a manner that puts yourself or our staff and facility at harm you will be asked to leave (with no refund)
- If you spin off track, UMC Pit Out will have a chat with you about your driving; if you continue to do this, you will be asked to leave (with no refund)
- If damage any facility property, for example, ARMCO – you will be charged for it
Helmets are required,
- They must be a SNELL or DOT rated
- They CANNOT be a dirt bike or motorcycle helmet
- We have helmets available for rent!!
- Driver's Meeting Notes:
- Must be equipped with factory-installed OR approved aftermarket rollover protection to participate in road track activities
- Convertibles without factory rollover protection is ALLOWED for Autocross events only
- General passengers are NOT allowed
- ***Minors (16-18) are required to have parent or guardian accompany them to the event to fill out the Minor Waiver Form, OR print out the form online and have your parent or guardian get the document notarized***
Other Rules and Regulations
Drones, or any kind of airborne photo/video platforms or machines, are not allowed.
Open to all licensed drivers / bring your valid Drivers License to check-in for verification
Participants are required to wear closed-toe shoes.
Standing on the mechanics' wall or hot pit wall is not allowed.
Anyone under the age 16 is NOT allowed in the hot pits
Drivers are responsible for any damage to the track property
Drivers understand that they assume the risk for any damage they may cause to their vehicle
***SPECIAL NOTE for AUTOCROSS*** If there is bad weather and the surface for Autocross is either wet OR covered in snow, the track layout will be changed to a less aggressive setup and will be used as a defensive driving opportunity in the snow.
Participant arrival time
Check-in required a MINIMUM of 30 minutes prior to the session
**All participants are required to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to their session start time in order to receive the proper wristband and sticker for the event. The mandatory drivers meeting notes will be available at Check-In. UMC reserves the right to refuse track time to anyone at their discretion. Participants who are unsafe on track and/or fail to follow event rules will be asked to leave and will forfeit their entry fee.**