WMRC New Racer School 2 2022Speed-Fanatics Motorsports Circuit
About this event
To ensure quality of instruction there will be a limited number of student spots sold. Register early to guarantee your spot!
The WMRC Race School is for everyone! This school is for those looking to improve their skills;, those interested in being safely introduced to track riding, or those who are looking to compete.
Classroom - Monday, June 13th, 6:30pm to 10pm, being held at IUOE Local 115, 4333 Ledger Ave Burnaby, BC B5G 3T3.
Skills Development - Monday June 20th, 8am to 5pm. Practice racing skills at Tradex, 1190 Cornell St, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6H5.
Track Walk - Sunday June 26th, 7pm to 8:30pm. Come walk Mission Raceway with a few of our top racers and learn the best approach to navigating the race track smoothly and safely. This portion is optional but reccomended.
Mission Raceway Track Day - Monday June 27th, 7am to 4pm. A day spent at Mission Raceway in small groups with your instructor working on all aspects of riding and racing around the track. Mission Raceway Park, 32670 Dyke Rd, Mission, BC V2V 4J5.
Visit www.wmrc.ca to learn more about our new racer school.
Registration Fee - $495 (Includes GST)
(Successful completion of the course will include a 2022 WMRC race license for those intending on racing. This includes a savings of $175.00, a membership to our club and further discounts on our trackdays.)
WMRC New Racer Training is a comprehensive, three day program designed to teach the fundamentals of safe track riding and competitive road racing. This course will prepare you to start racing immediately, but is also open and suitable to anyone looking to improve their riding skills or be introduced to track riding. This is not an introduction to motorcycle riding, and is not intended for new riders.
CLASSROOM KNOWLEDGE: Our classroom session will teach you to prepare yourself and your motorcycle for race and track days, advanced riding control techniques, race and track day procedures, etiquette, flags, and safety skills to get you ready for the upcoming riding sessions (and your future on track).
SKILL DEVELOPMENT AND PRACTICE: In this skill development session, you will learn to apply advanced riding techniques in small groups on a simplified circuit. You will receive one-on-one feedback from our experienced instructors and racers who can help you master these skills.
TRACK DAY AND REFINEMENT: Spend a full day with an instructor—both on and off the track—refining your skills, receiving race tips from our experts, and getting familiar with the track in preparation for your future as a racer or track day enthusiast.
Course graduates qualify for a free WMRC race license!
- Class 6 License or advanced Motorcycle Riding Experience
- Riding Gear: All gear must be in safe operating condition and pass a quick technical inspection.
• Helmet:Full face with visor, must be Snell 2015 or ECE-22-05 rated, manufactured within the last 5 years.
• Riding Suits: One piece leathers preferred. Two piece zip-together leathers with a 360 degree zipper are accepted.
• Gloves: Leather riding or racing gloves. Gloves must extend to cover the wrists.
• Boots: Leather riding or racing boots that cover the ankles.
• Back Protector: A full length (shoulder blades to tailbone) CE level 2 back protector must be worn.
Your motorcycle must be in safe operating condition and pass a quick technical inspection.
• Good condition with no fluid leaks or obvious mechanical damage of any kind. Road worthy condition andmust be operating correctly.
• It must have a functioning kill switch.
• Removed or taped up lights, signals, license plate and mirrors. (Often done at the track for those who ride there.)
• Tires in good, safe condition.
• For track days and schools we will allow antifreeze coolant. However if you are planning on doing multiple track days or schools we strongly urge you to use a substitute non-glycol based coolant.
• No K&N spin on oil filters will be allowed.
For details on our event rules and policies, please visit http://www.wmrc.ca/rider-training/new-racer-school
WMRC Race School Registration:
WMRC School registrations will be sold on a first come first served basis. Students who pass an WMRC race school are eligible to receive an WMRC competition license (Novice). If the student does not purchase a license and race at a minimum of one event during those two years, that student will be required to take another race school in order to be re-certified for licensing.
Refunds will be granted for schools up to 15 days in advance of the school with the exception of a $50 service fee.
***No refunds will be issued after that***