About this event
JOIN US FOR OUR FIRST EVENT OF 2021 AT WILLOW SPRINGS RACEWAY!!
FEBRUARY 20-21, 2021
Since we maybe still concerned about the COVID issue in February. We will adhere to all requirements in effect by the State of California concerning social distancing and masks.
$320 for the weekend! $170 for single day entries. Register now, pay later!-
Our run groups:
- Time Trial Groups: Your chance to achieve your best lap times on the "big" track at Willow Springs. Controlled passing in specific sections of the track, or with a point-by. Based on your experience and car, we will assign you to the proper run group.
- "Alfa Only" Time Trial Group: Bring your Alfa out to join the fun of running in Time Trials sessions comprised of all Alfa Romeos. Nothing is more fun than running the track with cars of similar performance! NOTE: This will be subject to getting a sufficient number of Alfas signed up.
- Race: Wheel to wheel racing action. Experienced drivers only! If your car is OK to race with VARA or other sanctioned race series, then it is OK to race with AROSC.
Sign up at:https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/willow-springs-time-trials-races-intl-raceway-arosc-racing-hpde-316427
- Lunchtime "Intro" Group: A great opportunity for anyone to experience driving around a real race track at freeway speeds. Saturday and Sunday Intro Group will include a pre-track classroom session, then about 40 minutes of track time following an instructor in your own car. Just $35 a day. Helmet and gloves required, but we can provide loaner equipment for you.
NOTE: AROSC always has a Fire & Rescue team at our events. If and when you need them, every second counts!
Notice to Participants: In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures are being developed and will be put into place for events going forward.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, both on-track and off, and to make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home.
While on site please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers and staff into consideration and practice social distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
Accommodations: We like the Oxford Inn, 1651 W Avenue K, Lancaster CA 93534. Microwave, frig, coffee makers and free wi-fi in every room. Included is a complimentary take out breakfast. Call (661) 949-3423.
AROSC - Taking it to the track since 1972!
Required Safety Equipment:
All Time Trial & HPDE cars require:
- Factory seat belt in good working order.
- Snell 2010 or better helmet.
- Gloves - Leather or Nomex. No holes or synthetic materials.
- Natural fiber clothing extending from neck to wrist & ankles.
- Convertibles: Must have Roll bars extending 2” above top of helmet. “Factory” or “street” bars acceptable for HPDE & Solo groups only.
Additional safety equipment requirements, Intermediate/Point-by Time Trial cars:
- Five point harness if car is 1999 or older, or heavily modified.
Additional safety equipment requirements, Advanced/Open Passing Time Trial and Race cars:
- Five point harness.
- Fire extinguisher
- Nomex driving suit (Race only)
- Full cage (6 pt min) (Race only)
- Head/neck restraint system (HANS, etc) (Race only)
- Arm Restraints, open cars (Race only)
Please refer to the AROSC Self Tech form for complete tech & safety information.