About this event
Welcome to the Victoria Motor Sports Club second lapping day at the Circuit for 2021. This event is being organized by the Victoria Motor Sports Club and being held at the Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit, 4065 Cowichan Valley Hwy, Cowichan, BC. This is only open to members. If you do not have a current 2021 membership please purchase one before proceeding.
July 23, 2021
08:00 - 08:40 - Waiver and tech inspection (do not arrive before 8:00 at the request of the track operator)
08:40 - 09:00 - Driver's Meeting
09:00 - 12:00 - Three twenty-minute sessions for each run group
12:00 - 13:00 - Lunch Break
13:00 - 16:00 - Three twenty-minute sessions for each run group
There will be three run groups including a novice group. The groups will be determined by the clerk of the course, the day of the event, based on entries. Each run group should get six 20-minute sessions. The novice group will do a lead follow format for the first session with the Circuit instructor car with radio commentary The schedule of runs times and groups will be posted in the grid and will be strictly adhered to. There will only be one guests allowed per registered driver as the numbers must remain below COVID limits.
There is a self-tech sheet that will need to be filled out for this event. It also includes a link to the General Waiver that you usually sign. This self-tech/waiver form will need to be filled out, printed and signed before you enter the track and will be collected from you at the gate. These forms will be sent to you in an email a couple of days before the event,
This event is sanctioned by CACC and held under CACC Lapping Regulations, CACC Time Attack Regulations and CACC GSRs.
Lapping - $320.00 - early bird price until July 16, 2021
Lapping - $360.00 - regular price
Lapping entrants who have not run with VMSC before must provide proof of HPDE experience to the club prior to the event. Email documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is capped at 45 cars and a wait list will be in place.
- No open-wheeled cars allowed.
- All participants must sign the insurance waiver located at the registration desk prior to entering the track.
- All drivers must present a valid driver's license.
- All drivers must attend the Driver's Meeting (if you are late and/or miss this meeting you will not be allowed to drive for the day)
- Minors (under 18) must have a parent/guardian sign the standard release form. This must be signed by a guardian in person prior to the event date.
- Helmets must bear a Snell 2010 or better (M or SA) or ECE R22.05 certification label.
- Drivers using a Snell M or ECE R22.05 helmet must also wear a balaclava conforming to CACC GCR 18.2 Section F.
- Wheels/tires to be used during the event must be installed on the vehicle prior to inspection.
- Cars being passed must remain on the racing line and must use turn signal to initiat the pass.
- Open top cars must have a roll bar meeting CACC Lapping rules (Please look the requirements up as it is the registrants responsibility to be compliant).
- Please keep noise levels to a minimum and observe all posted speed limits when traveling near the track.
- Vancouver Island Motor Circuit limits noise levels on all cars to 95 dB A. They have sound level meters at all events to observe limits.
- Current supplemental regulation are available from Cam Thorkelson; email@example.com