Turner Motorsport - Summer Heat & Squiggly LinesClub Motorsports
About this event
The Boston and White Mountain chapters of the BMW CCA present the Turner Motorsport Summer Heat Driving Event at Club Motorsports in Tamworth NH, Monday July 8th, 2019
DATA Acquisition - This is a special event to develop Data Acquisition and what do do with it once you have it. Data is an excellent tool which professional drivers and teams use to measure development of the driver, the car, suspension, tires, aero and much more. The seat of the pants feel just doesn't cut it when your dollars are involved.
Don't have a data device? Well that's something we can help with. Drivers and Instructors signing up for this event are eligible for a discount code with Trailbrake.com based in Manchester NH. Trailbrake is offering discounts off their already competitive prices for any logger product (Solo 2, Solo 2 DL, MXm, MXL2, MXS 1.2, MXG 1.2, MXP, Evo4s, Evo5), including a great book, "Making Sense of Squiggly Lines" by Chris Brown. The discount code will be described and displayed in your confirmation email.
If you ALREADY have a data device and just want the book you can use the same code for a discount on the book.
Qualifications - This special event is designed for Intermediate and Advanced drivers with a minimum of eight days on track experience. This event will have a limited number of available slots so that we can maximize both session and overall track time. The event is still structured so that you will have goals and develop skills through on track exercises as well as in the classroom. Boston and White Mountain Chapter Schools have an intense focus on Safety AND Learning and we have a lot of fun while we're doing it.
What can you expect:
- A ton of track time
- Data Acquisition overview in the Classroom. What does it mean and how do I use it to improve braking (and many other things) to safely reduce lap times.
- Focused and targeted instruction to accelerate skill development
- Exercises to develop situational awareness
- We will probably have a beer after we're done
Please note, Club Motorsports has a 92db at 50' sound limitation.
White Mountain and Boston Chapters of BMW CCA are privileged to be invited to this private, world-class, high performance driving facility in Tamworth, New Hampshire!
Laid out on hundreds of rolling acres with breathtaking views of the White Mountains, the 15 turn, 2.5 mile Club Motorsports road course includes elevation changes not experienced elsewhere. Over 40 feet wide with a mix of long straights and tight and sweeping turns, this track was clearly designed to provide a thrilling driving experience while keeping safety the top priority.
Top commentators have tagged Club Motorsports "Easily the best track in America."
This High Performance Driving School is for Intermediate and Advanced students only and you must have a minimum of 8 days track experience to qualify for this event. We DO welcome all makes of cars -- you don't have to drive a BMW to enjoy our events. This school is an excellent way for you to improve your driving skills and have fun too!
The school combines classroom and on-track instruction in a closely supervised and controlled environment. Students are divided into "run groups" according to their prior experience and evaluations from previous schools. In between the track sessions, students get classroom instruction in a lively environment appropriate for their skill level. There may also be opportunities to gain experience by riding as passengers with their instructors.
The event runs rain or shine.
Students: For Intermediate and Advanced students the registration fee for this one day school is $350, For Independent Study Group (ISG) students the fee is $375.
Please note that after June 17th a $50 late registration fee will be added to your registration.
Instructors: The registration fee is $50
What is a High Performance Driving School?
The purpose of a driving school is quite simple: to improve your driving skills. We conduct the school on a racetrack under the close supervision of experienced and trained instructors. You will learn how to handle and control your vehicle at speeds not normally attained on public roads. This will help to prepare you for emergencies in normal driving. It will also allow you to explore your capabilities as a driver and those of your vehicle in a controlled environment. At no time will you be pushed or encouraged to go any faster than is comfortable. All participants will be organized into run groups in accordance with experience, skill, and type of vehicle.
What you learn on the track depends on your driving skill. Beginners are taught driving style (smoothness, consistency, the ability to read the track), more experienced participants continue to work on consistency, while developing new skills such as trail braking, and threshold braking. Every time you are on the track, you will have an experienced instructor in the passenger seat.
For the most experienced drivers, you can be “signed off” and drive solo when you have proven to your instructor and the Chief Instructor that you understand the basics of high speed driving, you can consistently drive the correct line, and you show proper etiquette on track. Maturity, good judgment, skill and significant experience will lead to being signed off for solo driving. Even if you are a solo student, you are still highly encouraged to learn new skills from your instructor. In fact, National BMW Club rules require an instructor be in-car for at least part of the event for all students.
In the classroom, we will be getting into th elements of data acquisition and how to apply the information to improving driver technique and ultimately car set up too.
All participants are required to attend classroom sessions throughout the day to learn vehicle dynamics and driving techniques. Failure to attend will result in loss of driving privileges.
What is a Driving School NOT?
Though you are on a racetrack, with 20-30 other drivers of similar driving skills, it is not a race. Passing in corners is not allowed, and you are not expected to shift at redline, or go screaming through each corner with the tires squealing. Safety of the event is of the utmost importance. Driver conduct will be diligently monitored throughout the day by the staff, instructors, and corner workers. Infractions of the rules will not be tolerated, and will likely result in dismissal from the school.
Not a BMW Club Member yet? Non-BMWCCA members are welcome as guests of our club for this event but at a $50 higher fee. Consider joining the BMWCCA for $48 per year and enjoy discounted event registration, monthly Roundel magazine and other perks - more information about joining the club is available here: BMW Car Club of America
Due to the limited number of slots available at this driving event, we expect to receive more registrations than we can admit. Applications will be admitted from a waitlist on a first come, first serve basis.
Interested in attending or have other registration questions? Please continue through to the next page for more information about the event and requirements. You may also email the registrar using the "Contact Host" button on the right side of this page.
NOTE: If you're interested in purchasing HPDE insurance for this event, please contact Lockton about bundling this event with other events you may be attending this year, or contact one of the other HPDE insurance providers, such as OnTrack Insurance
Please Support our Chapter Advertisers and Event Sponsors!
Please review the following requirements and information BEFORE REGISTERING:
- Must be 18+ yrs old
- Must show valid state or international driver's license at registration
- Must bring completed Medical Information Form to registration (see below for more information about our forms)
- Must be a current BMW CCA member to obtain discounted pricing (bring your current membership card), or pay an extra fee
- Must sign an insurance waiver at the event
- Novices without previous on-track driving experience are encouraged to attend a separate Advanced Driving Skills School (separate event with additional fees) before returning to the track
- Must be inspected with the Pre-Event Safety Inspection Form completed by qualified individual within 3 weeks of event (see below for our forms)
- Brake fluid must be flushed
- Will be subject to a pre-event safety check on the day of the event
- Failure to meet safety check or incomplete tech forms will disqualify students from event and forfeit entry fee
- Student vehicles must have equivalent seats and restraints for both student and instructor
- Club Motorsports limits vehicles to 90dBa from 50 feet away under acceleration; please be sure your exhaust system complies
- Open top and convertible cars (even cars with factory roll-over protection) are not permitted unless fitted with a roll bar or full roll cage meeting BMWCCA requirements
New 2018 – Automated Collision Avoidance Features Before you register, please note cars with automatic braking and/ or lane drift correction systems will not be permitted to participate unless the systems can be fully turned off for the track sessions; proof that the systems can be turned off must be provided (i.e., information in Owner's Manual, etc.)
Pre-Event Technical and Safety Inspection. In the Boston Area once again for 2018 a number of our supporting Independent BMW Service Shops have offered to provide pre-track inspection services free of charge to our club members as a means to make attending a driving school easier and safer. You can, of course, still go to your shop of choice for a pre-event tech inspection and or inspect your own vehicle if you are qualified. The following is a list of our supporting inspection shops in alphabetical order.
- Ace Performance - Tewksbury MA
- EuroTech Motorsports - Natick MA
- German Performance Service - Brighton MA
- Landshark Automotice - Natick MA
- Northshore MotorWerks - Peabody MA
- Schneller BMW - Newbury MA
- Southshore Autoworks - Kingston MA
- Turner Motorsport - Amesbury MA
- Wile Motorsport - Walpole MA
- Snell 2010 or newer helmet required (M or SA, 2010 or 2015) - Snell 2005 helmets are no longer permitted.
- Each driver must bring their own helmet
July 8th (Monday) ONE DAY SCHOOL ONLY Registration Fees
|BMW CCA + BMW Club Canada||$350||$375||$50|
|(Non-BMW CCA fee)||add $ 50|
|LATE REG FEE AFTER JUNE 17||+$50||+$50|
Students and instructors must sign up and PAY IN FULL before the dates indicated to get the pricing listed. Credit card information will be collected with your registration but charges will be delayed until 4 weeks before event. Cancelations must be requested before June 10th and will incur a $75 processing fee. No cancelations for any reason after June 10th.
Instructors from other organizations:
- If you are certified as an instructor with other groups who provide similar on-track instruction, but have not previously instructed with the White Mountain or Boston BMWCCA Chapters, please contact us before registering for this event.
- Links to all required forms appear at the bottom of this page but this one is key Procedures And Rules WMC/Boston 2019
- Bring a Technical Inspection Form with you (instructor vehicles subject to annual inspection)
- Bring a Medical Form with you. This form is for use by emergency personnel in the event of an illness or injury; this form will be destroyed immediately after the event
- You will be expected to sign an insurance waiver at Registration
- BMWCCA members will be asked to show a current valid membership card to confirm their eligibility for the discounted member price
Event details and other requirements:
- School hours are approximately 7 AM to 5 PM each day.
- Food and beverages may be available on site. Various restaurant options are available in West Ossipee approximately 3 miles east of the Club Motorsports entrance. More information will be provided as the event date gets closer.
- You are welcome to bring spectators as guests but they must sign two waivers - one with track and with one the BMW CCA staff and obtain a wristband
- No one under the age of 18 permitted in the pit area - minors in the paddock must be supervised at all times
- All participants are required to attend classroom sessions designed to teach vehicle dynamics and driving techniques. Failure to attend as required will result in loss of driving privileges
- Our tech crew will collect your Pre-Event Safety Inspection Form and perform a spot check of every vehicle. You are solely responsible for insuring that your vehicle is safe before you come to the track. Failure to present a completed form or failure to pass our spot check will disqualify you from participation in the event and your entry fee will be forfeited.
- This is not a racing school but rather a safe, high speed driving school, conducted on a race track under close supervision by experienced instructors. You will learn how to handle and control your vehicle at speeds not normally attained on public roads. This will help to prepare you for emergencies that may occur in normal driving situations. It will also allow you to explore your capabilities as a driver and those of your vehicle.
- At no time will you be pushed or encouraged to go any faster than is comfortable for you. All participants will be organized into run groups in accordance with experience, skill, and type of vehicle. Participants not "signed off" will be required to drive with an instructor on board at all times.
- Under no circumstances will timed laps be permitted! Data acquisition is allowed but in-car lap time display is discouraged. At no time will the collection, comparison, posting or recording of lap times be permitted by event organizers. Failure to observe these rules may result in you be asked to leave and/or forfeit your ability to participate in future White Mountain Chapter schools.
- Drones are not permitted to be operated at this event.
Still have registration questions? Contact the Event Registrar, Bruce Bergeron via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
At the event you'll need:
- Pre Event Technical Inspection Form
Student and instructor cars must be inspected before the event. Required.
- Medical Information Form
Please bring the completed form in a sealed envelope with your name on the outside. Required.
More information to make your experience better:
- Introduction to BMWCCA HPDE
New to the track? This video guide is just for you.
- Club Motorsports Information
New to Club Motorsports? This link to their website will tell you learn more.
- Driving Evals SLIP Student's Guide
Evaluations are performed on-line using Driving Evals using the Skill Level Instruction Program.
Still have questions?
For answers to questions regarding student registration, or our Driving Schools in general, please email the Registrar using the "Contact Host" button on the right side of this page.