About this event
No cones, no course work, just RACING! TRACKSPRINT!!!
Join Tri-State Sports Car Council for some fun, timed runs at Autobahn Country Club!
Important COVID-19 note: If for any reason we are unable to hold this event and we (TSSCC and/or Autobahn CC) have to cancel it (for example: extension of the “Shelter in Place” order), your credit card will not be charged.
You are responsible for bringing your own PPE. Face masks are required to be permitted on-site and when interacting with event staff throughout the day.
This will be the first TrackSprint in our 2020 series. We will be utilizing 3/4 of the South course for a time attack unlike any other event. Just you and your ride against the clock. No passing allowed, no wheel to wheel. Cars will be spaced at minimum intervals to get you maximum seat time. Catch up to the car ahead, no sweat we will get you a rerun (if time allows in later heats). No transponders or fancy equipment needed, but please have numbers on your car which are legible from the timing tower (autocross rules apply here).
This is run similar to an autocross while being nowhere near as hard on your equipment. You will leave pit lane from a standing start when directed by the starter and attack the course. After turn six you will be tripping the finish timer, there will be a short cool down portion of the track remaining before you enter pit lane to restage for your next run. We start with three runs for each run group and evaluate total run count based on time remaining after everyone has 3 runs in the books.
Driver check in starts at 3:00 PM with tech sheets due and helmets ready to be inspected. We do not offer vehicle technical inspection, we only verify. Loaner helmets will unfortunately not be available at this time.
No instructors are offered. Ride-alongs for other registered participants are not permitted at this time. Event spectators are not permitted on-site.
There will be a mandatory drivers meeting with in depth instructions on track etiquette at 5:00 PM SHARP. Any competitors found not in attendance will be asked to leave, no refunds, no exceptions. Information given at the meeting is crucial to EVERYONE.
Please watch for updates to the event-day schedule. Plan to arrive early enough to check in with registration and get your car ready (remove loose items, change tires, etc.) to roll so you can be on time for the drivers meeting. Concessions will not be open so plan accordingly.
- 3:00 PM - On-site registration check in opens
- 4:45 PM - On-site registration check in closes (if you are not checked in by 4:45 PM, you will not be allowed to run)
- 4:30 PM - Advance run group staging begins
- 5:00 PM - MANDATORY DRIVERS MEETING
- 5:30 PM - Course goes HOT Advance run group first
- 8:30 PM - Course closed
- 8:40 PM (Approximately) - Trophy Presentation
SCCA membership is required for this event. If you are not a member already, use the event for non-SCCA members, which includes the $15 weekend membership fee. This $15 can be applied toward an annual SCCA membership. Non-members will need to fill out the weekend membership form on-site. Members will need to show your membership card at the event; if you do not, you will need to pay for a weekend membership on-site.
$100 event fee
There is an additional $20 on-site registration fee the day of the event.
$5 TSSCC member
$20 early registration (before Wed, May 6)
TSSCC will be using SCCA Time Trial rules for this event. Please take the time to figure out which class your car belongs in prior to registering. Contact the registration team with any remaining questions.
Are you new?
- Arrive on Autobahn property and stop at main building and sign waiver. Autobahn requires a face-mask to be allowed on-site.
- Proceed to registration, all people in attendance must additionally sign TSSCC waiver.
- Return to car, make car race ready and proceed to drivers meeting.
- We run rain or shine in all kinds of temperatures. However, the event will be temporarily suspended while lightning is observed in the immediate area. Please bring appropriate rain/cold/hot/sunny weather gear. Make sure you also bring something to cover and/or secure your gear while it is not in your car (plastic garbage bags or a tarp).
SAFETY AND TECH:
ALL vehicles must be inspected prior to arriving on-site. This will be your responsibility. Safety will be our top priority. The Tech Form can be found on the TSSCC website.
You must bring your own helmet meeting the SCCA guidelines to tech. Loaner helmets are unfortunately not available.
TSSCC will be using SCCA Time Trial rules for this event. Open wheel and mod cars will not be permitted.
Convertibles: It is highly recommended that all convertible vehicles be equipped with an aftermarket roll bar that meets or exceeds the standards set in the SCCA HILL CLIMB Safety Standards. However, TRACK EVENT Safety Standards requires the vehicle meets at least one of the following criteria and is not subject to any of the below exceptions:
- The vehicle is equipped with an aftermarket roll bar that meets or exceeds the standards set in the SCCA HILL CLIMB Safety Standards.
- The vehicle is equipped with documented factory installed roll over protection (examples of manufacture documented roll over protection would include hydroformed and reinforced a-pillars or windshield frames and factory installed roll bars and/or “popup” bars that are designated as roll over protection.
- The Vehicle is a 2006-year model or newer.
Convertible Exceptions: In addition, vehicles that were manufactured since 2006 that fall into any of the below categories must meet the criteria stated above for factory or aftermarket roll over protection:
- Vehicles equipped with factory V8 or forced induction engine
- Vehicles modified meaningfully beyond the factory performance potential (examples: engine swaps, aftermarket forced induction)
Note: Targa and T-Top vehicles are classified as "hard tops" and do not have to meet the terms and conditions of the convertible policy
TSSCC reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason.
- Sign the waiver at the gate as you enter the site.
- Check in at the pre-registration line and sign the waiver. You and your guests MUST sign both waivers!
- If changes need to be made to your personal information or car information, you must do so at Registration to update your information BEFORE the drivers meeting.
- Registration closes 10 minutes before driver's meeting to give workers time to prepare their cars and get everyone into the computer. If you have not completed your registration by then, you will not be able to participate.
- You must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license to enter. All entrants and guests MUST sign the waiver.
- You will present your driver’s license and tech sheet to the registrar.
- After checking you in and returning your driver’s license, the registrar will input your information into the computer. From there, you will need to head to the driver's meeting.