About this event
That's right! Back by popular demand, the 2015 THSCC Chicks-Only Autocross School on Saturday, May 16th! The women and men of THSCC are very excited to be presenting this event to provide an opportunity to introduce autocross to women who may be totally new to the sport, as well as any women who have been participating only a short while who would like to get additional seat time and instruction -- all in a low-key, stress-free environment.
With a generous amount of help from the female faction of THSCC and beyond, we will equip you with the knowledge to be comfortable and have fun at an autocross. You'll have plenty of seat-time, hands-on instruction, and opportunity to ask any questions that come to your mind. Remember, there is no dumb question!
What happens if it rains? Well, regular autocrosses run rain or shine. However, in an effort to provide the best learning environment for all aspects of this school, in the event of forecasted steady rain, we may consider rescheduling the school sometime later in the year. We will notify all participants as soon as possible if a rain-date change is expected.
An agenda and any pre-event instructions will be provided to each student and instructor via email after preregistration closes on May 1st.
Again, THSCC is very excited to be able to bring you this event. We look forward to seeing you Saturday, May 16th!
Note: There is a THSCC Autocross Points Event on Sunday, May 17th at this same location. The Sunday autocross is a completely separate event from the Chicks-Only School and you may wish to preregister for that event as well. Please visit the regular Online Preregistration page (via the Motorsport Reg website or the Calendar page) to preregister for the Sunday autocross.
|Special Note: In order to make this event as comfortable as possible for all students, please ask your spouse or significant-other not to attend this event with you. We strive to make this a women-only event, so please NO MEN ON SITE, spectating or otherwise!|
Chick School, Student Entry (Saturday only): $45
Chick School, Instructor Entry (Saturday only): $0
Registration will be capped at 44 students! Instructors, please be sure to note, you must verify your registration by emailing the event registrar after you complete your preregistration.
To allow us time to plan appropriately for the number of students, we must request that preregistrations be entered online for the event by the final preregistration date. Once preregistration payment is received, there can be no *refund of payment except in cases of dire emergency. Please remember, unlike other THSCC events, payment must be made before you finish preregistering for the event. Entry fee for this school is $45.00 per student. As well as instruction, your entry fee will cover your event t-shirt, and maybe even a few additional goodies.
There is no pass code and no permanent number required for this event, but there will be a waiting list if more than 44 students request entry. You may update your online preregistration for this event until Friday, May 8th at midnight prior to the event; however, you may not delete your preregistration online. Should you encounter an emergency prior to the event and need to withdraw, please contact the registrar directly.
*Due to pre-event fixed costs associated with each participant, a refund of $35.00 may be requested in such cases.
Your car should be teched BEFORE the drivers meeting. To pass tech, you must:
- Clean out any loose items in the car, this includes cell phones cables, garage door openers, loose change and such.
- The battery has to be properly secured.
- If your floor mats are not physically attached to carpet, they will have to be removed. We don’t want the floor mat to bunch up under the brake or gas.
- Hubcaps and center caps on wheels should be removed. If your hubcaps mount to the wheel and are held in place by the lug nuts, then they can stay on, otherwise they should be removed.
- Have a SNELL approved helmet, 2000 or newer (M-rated or SA-rated). We do not accept DOT-only approved helmets any longer. If you do not have a helmet there will be loaner helmets available to use during the event.
It is your responsibility to:
- Check basic fluids such as oil, coolant, and brake.
- Make sure you torque the lug nuts to manufacturer's recommended tightness.
- Make sure you have no active leaks on the motor, transmission or diff. Oil on the track is a bad thing.
- Check tire pressure. If you don’t know what to set it to, ask ASAP.
- You WILL experience greater than normal tire wear. Your tires MUST be serviceable, meaning they have appropriate tread, no chords showing, etc.
In addition, TO ANYONE ATTENDING THEIR FIRST AUTOCROSS:
- In regards to displaying your class and numbers, please keep in mind that you should use tape or printed letters and numbers that contrast to your car's color, i.e. no blue tape on blue cars.