About this event
Come join us for wheel to wheel karting at VIR! The same weekend that THSCC will be running its HPDE program we will have an arrive-and-drive two-hour karting enduro at the VIR Kart Track on Saturday evening. Those who are already attending the HPDE program can come compete in the enduro as well after your track day, or bring your friends out and give them a taste of wheel-to-wheel karting.
NOTE: Registration for this event constitutes one team entry. That means only the team captain must sign up. A maximum of twelve (12) teams can compete at this event.
Entry fee is $160 per team. Payment method must be provided upon registration, however cards will not be charged until registration closes one week before the event.
Check out some video of similar enduro events at this track:
|Registration Closes & entry fees charged||Saturday, September 6th|
|Driver weigh-in and Drivers' Meeting||Saturday, September 12th @ 5:30 PM|
|Race Start||Saturday, September 12th @ 6:30 PM|
|Checkered Flag||Saturday, September 12th @ 8:30 PM|
Rules & Regulations
- Race will be 120 minutes (2 hours) long.
- The race start will be a standing start on the front straightaway. On the out lap, maintain very slow speed and do not pass any karts and do not pass your grid spot. Once in your grid spot, do not go until a waived green flag is displayed.
- Winners will be determined by those teams who have completed the most laps at the end of the race.
There will be two classes: Light and Heavy. All drivers must weigh-in prior to the start of the race. Each team's drivers' weights will be averaged, and the teams will then be sorted in weight order. The half of the teams with the heaviest average will compete in the heavy class, and the half of the team with the lightest average will compete in Light class. This ensures that there an even number of drivers competing in each weight class.
- For example: 12 teams weigh-in with average weights of: 100 110 120 130 140 150 160 170 180 190 200 210. The split point in this case will be between 150 and 160 lbs, thus 150 and less would be light class (6 teams), and 160 and above would be heavy class (6 teams).
- Each team must do a minimum of 3 pit stops (4 stints).
- Pit speed limit is walking speed and begins at the "slow down" signs in the pit lane. If you exceed the pit speed, you will either be black flagged for a stop-and-hold or a lap will be electronically deducted.
- When changing drivers, the exiting driver may NOT push or touch the kart after exiting.
- If you do not change drivers during your pit stop, the driver must come to a complete stop, exit the kart, run around the kart 360 degrees and re-enter the kart before leaving the pits.
- No intentional bumping, blocking, or wreckless behaviour. Violators will be black flagged.
- Additional supplimental rules may be announced at the driver's meeting by either THSCC staff or VIR Kart Track staff. Please arrive early enough to weigh-in all of your teammembers and attend the drivers meeting.
Requirements for drivers:
- Long pants and closed-toe shoes must be worn while driving
- Minors must have a parent or guardian present to sign the minor waiver. If a parent or guardian cannot be present, please contact the event organizer ahead of time.
Equipment that is mandatory and will be provided at the track, or you may bring and use your own:
- Full-face helmet
- Karting neck collar or neck restraint
Items that are optional but recommended:
- Long sleeve shirt
- Water & hydrating drinks
As your team's captain, it is your responsibility to communicate all rules and regulations to your teammates, and have your team present at the track in time for the scheduled driver's meeting.
This event is open to all THSCC members and non-members alike.