About this event
Women are underrepresented in motorsports. We’re trying to change that!
On May 27 we are holding the first annual autocross event aimed at introducing women to motorsport featuring 50% off the cost of entry to any new woman who attends.
With a warm, friendly, instructional atmosphere, our aim is to provide a fun and comfortable first time experience. We will have women from the club on hand to teach and lead newcomers through the day, providing tips and tricks for competitive driving and a thorough overview of what autocross is and how our events work.
Men are absolutely welcome.
Hosted by SASC and sponsored by Sunridge Mazda, this event will be run similar to a regular club autocross event, with extra guidance for women provided throughout by women from the club.
- Women's course walk
- Women's pre-race meeting
- In-car instruction and ride-alongs
- Instruction and mentoring will be provided by existing women club members, and while all new-to-autocross women are encouraged to take advantage of their guidance, it is not mandatory in order to participate (we'll leave you alone if that's what you prefer!)
Details on other scheduled events can be found here:
All participants are encouraged to pre-register and pay online to help speed registration on event morning.
- $30 for new-to autocross women (single registration, non-member)
- $60 for non-members who bring a new-to-autocross woman, new woman races free*
- $40 for members who bring a new-to-autocross woman, new woman races free* (includes WCMA/ASN/SCCA affiliated members)
(*Essentially a 50% discount for each racer)
NOTE: Online registration closes at Midnight on Thursday, May 24th
On-site payment is $60 members and $80 non-members (e-transfer only, no cash on site). Membership has its perks!
- Membership cards are required for discount and will be checked at registration.
- A valid driver’s license is required to participate and will be checked at registration.
- An ASN SoloSport Vehicle Technical Self-Declaration form is required at registration. Download below:
07:00 am Site opens, course setup, registration, course walk
08:50 am Gate closes for drivers
09:00 am Mandatory on site check-in closes
09:15 am Guided Course Walk
09:30 am Mandatory Driver's Meeting
09:45 am New to Autocross Women's Meeting
10:00 am Runs Start (approx.)
04:00 pm Runs Finish
04:15 pm Award Ceremony
05:00 pm Site closes
Note: No unnecessary revving of engines or driving on site or in the paddock area prior to 10:00 am.
As motorsports enthusiasts, it is the goal of the club to not only host motorsports events, but to demonstrate that motorsports activities can be conducted in a responsible, sustainable manner that benefits the surrounding community and participants everyday driving skills and behaviour. With this in mind, participants and attendees are reminded to be respectful of others, property and municipal ordinances, both on and off the event site.
- Racing, burning out, stunting, exceeding posted speed limits will not be tolerated.
- No alcohol or drugs are allowed on site.
- Port-a-potties will be available on site for participant use.
- All garbage must be removed from site. Our goal is to leave the venue in the same, if not better condition than we found it.
- Any participant not exhibiting good behaviour both on site and off site will be asked to leave and banned from future events.
SASC Sound Policy
In an effort to minimize our impact on surrounding areas and for our workers, the SASC will strictly enforce a 93 dB sound limit at all SASC events. Any vehicle meeting or exceeding 93 dB (measured at 50 feet as per SCCA and ASN Solo Regulations) or showing excessive tire squealing will be required to stop running.
Any vehicle in excess of the sound limit will not be allowed to run until adequate sound modifications are made. No hard feelings, but noise is the #1 reason we lose venues, and we firmly believe racing can be fun below 93dB.
Rules and Regulations Links
Introduction to Autocross
Autocross 101: http://www.sccahawaii.org/autocross-101/
We race in the old YYC Park & Jet across Airport Trail from the Calgary International Airport.
Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/VSY2tLfvuxS2
- Please bring a completed and signed vehicle self-inspection form with you to the event:
- Participants must register in advance - walk-up registrations will not be accepted.
- Please note that SASC no longer accepts cash on site.
Online payment in advance via credit card, pre-paid credit card, or Visa debit card is preferred, however on site e-transfer payments will also be accepted.