About this event
GoPro Motorplex Fall Rental Kart League
GoPro Motorplex Rental Kart Leagues are four-week, Wednesday night mini series in the Spring, Summer, and Fall featuring a division of competitors racing our fleet of rental karts. Registration is open to ALL experience levels and NO equipment is necessary. Spectator admission is FREE!
Round 1: March 3
Round 2: March 10
Round 3: March 17
Round 4: March 31- Championship Night
6:00 pm - Drivers Meeting (Mandatory)
6:15 pm – Two lap qualifying
7:00 pm – Heat 1 (even point totals)
7:15 pm - Heat 2 (odd point totals)
7:45 pm - Heat 3 (even point totals)
8:00 pm - Heat 4 (odd point totals)
8:30 pm – B final (lowest 20 points)
8:45 p.m. – A final (highest 20 points)
Lineups and Kart Selection:
Qualifying: Lineup will be posted.
Heat 1 and 2: Inverted- High point man (from qualifying) will start 10th in heat 1, second high point man will start 10th in heat 2, etc. Positions 11-20 will be heads up behind the invert (odd #’s in heat 1, even #’s in heat 2).
Heat 3 and 4: Inverted- High point man (from both qualifying and heat1/2) will start 10th in heat 1, second high point man will start 10th in heat 2, etc. Positions 11-20 will be heads up behind the invert (odd #’s in heat 1, even #’s in heat 2).
B final- Bottom 20 from total points for the evening, top 10 inverted
A final- Top 20 from total points for the evening, top 10 inverted
Karts will be in single file line on the grid, pole man is in 1st kart, 2nd goes to 2nd kart, on down the line. Driver’s may elect to change to open karts however they will be moved to the rear of the field.
- Driver must weigh 190+ pounds on GoPro Motorplex scale -gear included (and ballast if necessary)
- Drivers meeting is mandatory and will start at 6:00pm sharp. Pit lane speed is ‘walking’ speed. You have 5 minutes to get buckled in your kart between races.
- Ballast: GoPro Motorplex lead sheets must be in the driver's seat only. Additional weight must be secured to the driver only. Please refrain from using more than 40 lbs of GPMX lead sheets.
- Qualifying: is 2 laps and you will start last if you stop or slow down on track to get a clear track or to try to find a drafting partner.
- Starts: All starts will be single file, nose to tail through the first three rounds.
- The spirit and intent of sportsmanlike driving is to compete without touching or endangering the vehicles of fellow drivers. Inadvertent contact is a reality of racing. Maneuvers such as more than one direction change to defend a position (blocking), intentional crowding of karts beyond the racing edge of the track or any other dangerous change of direction is considered unsafe.
- Unsportsmanlike or unsafe driving will result in a penalty. All penalties will be either a black flag stop and go or a final position change.
- Concrete run-off is not considered part of the racing surface. Hitting barriers on the concrete may result in a black flag stop and go penalty.
- If you have an open black flag directed at you, you must come into pit lane for a stop and go penalty. You have 2 laps to adhere to the black flag. If you don’t adhere within 2 laps you will be removed from the entirety of the remaining night’s event.
- If you see a red flag, you must come to a safe, controlled stop wherever you are on track.
- If you see a blue flag with yellow stripe (passing flag), that is to warn you that faster karts are approaching and to give them the space they need to continue.
- No passing in parts of the track with local yellows.
- Top five finishers along with a random driver in all races will weigh in at end of the session.
- Bad behavior and/or foul language will not be tolerated, and any person involved will be asked to leave the premises.
*While GoPro Motorplex strives to provide the best karting experience for our customers, mechanical issues may arise from time to time. GoPro Motorplex will make every effort to get racers back on track as soon as possible (in most cases the next available session).
All participants between the ages of 16-18 must have their guardian print and sign the minor release and have it NOTARIZED! This must be brought to registration the day of the event.