About this event
ONE WAY TO BEAT CABIN FEVER
JOIN US on SATURDAY, MAY 22, 2021,
for a SPRING DRIVE and PICNIC at DEVIL'S LAKE STATE PARK
- We will be meeting at the Kwik Trip off of Exit 131 of I-90-94-39 (turn left at the exit onto Hwy 19W, heading towards Waunakee) at 9:00 AM and plan to start our drive at 9:30 AM. Everyone will be given detailed instructions for the driving route we will be taking to Devil’s Lake State Park. We will be using the Kwik Trip as the starting point (it’s just past the Fleet Farm store heading west on Hwy 19). Please note, there are two Kwik Trips off of Exit 131 – one East of the Exit and one West of the exit – you want to go West. If you see a McDonalds, you are at the wrong Kwik Trip.
- When we arrive at the park, we will have a private shelter, “White Oak Shelter,” which will include restrooms and parking close to the shore of Devil’s Lake. You are welcome to bring your own lawn chairs to spread out around the shelter or the close-by beach area.
- Admission to the park is free. However, there is a parking fee. The park’s parking cost is free with a Wisconsin State Park or National Parks annual pass, otherwise there is a $13 day rate per car. If you are a senior (65+), it is $3 per car day rate or a Senior yearly State Park parking pass is $13. The non-resident daily parking cost is $16 per car.
- You will have a choice of one of three box lunches: Turkey Club on multigrain, Roast Beef and Cheddar on a Brioche bun or a Portabella Mushroom Wrap. Included with each sandwich is a side of coleslaw, chips, pickle spear, a cookie, napkins and plastic utensils along with refreshments. All of this is included in your $13 registration fee.
- After lunch, there are lots of things to do. Hike/walk around the Lake, the Ho-Chunk Casino is close by and always plenty to do at the Wisconsin Dells.
Each participant will need to register separately online through “MotorsportReg.com”
Hope you can join us for fresh air, an picturesque drive and a fun picnic….
COVID-19 Preparation at our 2021 Road America Event
Your personal health & safety on the track and as a participant in this event are of utmost importance to us in the Wisconsin Chapter of the ACNA.
After a grueling year with a global pandemic, we are of course hoping most people in the US will have had access to vaccines for COVID 19 by May 1st and have all received the one or two dose versions available well before our mid-August, 2021 event. However, at this time we must be particularly vigilant to assure the health of all of our participants, and although it appears that cases and deaths are declining across the US, many potentially dangerous variants have come on line.
With all of that in mind, we will be designing the registration, meetings, classrooms and instruction, etc., to comply with all necessary local and state restrictions (if any are still in place) and US Federal, Health Canada & CDC COVID-19 guidelines that apply to our activities to ensure the complete safety of our participants and staff.
In addition, there may be special restrictions and guidelines we will need to meet that are in place from the National Board and the Performance Driver Education Committee of the ACNA, and also to meet any track specific Safety Protocols in place at Road America.
As portions of the US and states have closed or locked down – and then begun to reopen, these guidelines have been constantly in flux over the last few months. We will all have to be patient over the next few months.
Please be assured that we will provide you with the most up-to-the-date information you will need in a timely fashion prior to the event.
Please direct any questions to Tony Miele at: firstname.lastname@example.org