About this event
COST: $300.00 PER DRIVER
Connecticut Valley Chapter's Skid School and Car Control Clinic at Lime Rock Park!
THIS SCHOOL IS OPEN ONLY TO BMW CCA MEMBERS
Come out and join the Connecticut Valley Chapter for a full day Skid Pad and Car Control Clinic at Lime Rock Park on Friday, April 14, 2017! This is a chance to improve your driving skills on Lime Rock's skid pad and autocross courses under the direction of seasoned instructors.
This is a skid school, run on a wet skid pad. To get the most benefit from this event, it is best to be driving a REAR WHEEL DRIVE car that either has NO traction control, or a factory installed switch that allows the traction control to be turned off.
In addition, there will be instruction of car control techniques on the combined autocross courses with student groups swapping between the venues throughout the day. This has proven to be as popular as the skid pad exercise. Both experiences are a great warm-up for getting out on the main track the following day at our traditional Driver's School.
Following an introductory classroom at 8:00, we will be out on the skid pad and autocross courses starting at 9:00, wrapping up at 5:00.
Registration is limited to 24 students!
Cost is $300.00 per driver.
Registration closes when the school is full or 9 PM Friday, April 7th whichever comes first.
Lime Rock's gates open at 7 AM, classroom starts at 8 AM.
No monies will be refunded for this school.
Students will be placed on a wait list once the school is full.
Important people: Please call between 6:30-9:00 pm ONLY (messages left at other times cannot be returned)
- Registrar: David Rich 860-638-9087
We look forward to seeing you at the track!
Please review the following rules and requirements for attending our skid school at Lime Rock. Failure to comply may result in your exclusion from the event and NO REFUND given.
YOU MUST BE A CURRENT BMW CCA MEMBER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SCHOOL. You may apply for membership by calling (864) 250-0022 and pay by credit card to obtain your membership number which must be on your application form at registration.
This is a skid school, run on a skid pad. To get the most benefit from this event, it is best to be driving a REAR WHEEL DRIVE car that either has NO traction control, or a factory installed switch that allows the traction control to be turned off.
Convertibles and open top vehicles are permitted, however, please note that the skid pad will be wet.
WE WILL NOT PERFORM A TECH INSPECTION OF YOUR VEHICLE THE MORNING OF THE EVENT. HOWEVER, It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you have the car checked for mechanical soundness by a qualified person prior to the date of the event.
- Entrants must present a valid driver’s license the day of the event. You cannot drive without showing it at registration.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older to drive and/or be a passenger in any car on the track. Only entrants/instructors/workers are allowed in a car on the skid pad. Non-participating/non-working event guests are not allowed “rides”.
- Snell 2010 or 2015 (SA, K or M) helmets are REQUIRED. No exceptions, NO REFUNDS. Snell 2005 helmets are now out of date and not allowed.
- All cars must be muffled to meet Lime Rock Park’s regulations. As of March 27 2011, Lime Rock Park is enforcing a 87 dB limit for all cars at BMW events. For information, contact Lime Rock at 860-435-5000.
- Factory seatbelts, street legal harnesses, and 5 or 6-point competition harnesses and 4 point Shroth belts with anti-submarine feature are permitted. 4-point competition harnesses are not permitted. All must have metal-to-metal buckles and be in sound condition. Belts must be mounted using the factory mounting points and/or be mounted per the SCCA General Competition Rules. Equivalent restraints and seats must be provided for driver and passenger. ALL student's cars MUST have a passenger seat for an Instructor.
- CAMERAS: Any camera must be securely mounted and additionally constrained with a safety tether. Mount must be of a design that will not present a safety hazard to any occupant of the vehicle. Hook & loop, Velcro, etc. type fasteners are NOT allowed. Externally mounted cameras are not permitted.
- The driver’s school committee reserves the right to deny entry based upon vehicle type and/or condition at any time, up to and including the day of the event.
- No-shows are not entitled to a refund or carry-over to another event.
- We DO NOT accept walk-ins or substitutes the day of the event.