About this event
PCA Autocross #1
From the North: Harrisonburg, Winchester & Washington D.C.
From Harrisonburg and all points North, on Interstate 81, take Exit 227, Verona. Merge onto Laurel Hill Road (Route 612). At the second traffic light, turn left onto Lee Highway (Route 11). At the next traffic light, turn left into the Government Center complex. Then bear right, and follow the signs for the "public meeting rooms."
From the South: Staunton, Waynesboro, Charlottesville, Roanoke
From Staunton, Waynesboro, and all points South, on Interstate 81, take Exit 225, Woodrow Wilson Parkway. Turn left onto Woodrow Wilson Parkway (Route 275). At the first traffic light, turn right onto Lee Highway (Route 11). At the second light, turn right into the Government Center complex. Then bear right, and follow the signs for the "public meeting rooms."
Shenandoah Region PCA Pandemic Event Operating Procedures
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and Situational Awareness
- Please read this entire document before you register for the event. That will allow you to make an educated decision about attending the event
- If you are at higher risk for severe illness, or if you are sick, or if you have been in contact with anyone that is sick in the last two weeks, or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, please stay home.
- Shenandoah PCA will provide nitrile gloves for workers, cleaning supplies for equipment, and hand sanitizer for use by all participants.
- Participants must supply their own face covering / mask. If you don’t have a mask you will not be permitted to participate and be asked to leave the event site.
- Things are not “normal”. The world has changed. Please remember that. Limit physical contact; refrain and discourage hugs, handshakes, and high-fives.
- All registration, payment, and check in will be done electronically on www.Motorsportreg.com. Online pre-registration will be open until 10:00pm the day before the event.
- There will be no on site registration.
- Once you are parked in the pit area please come to the timing table to pick up your staging bar code sticker with your car number.
- Payments will be processed the after the event.
- Waivers will be signed using Speedwaiver This link Speedwaiver will be available two weeks before the autocross. You must have a smart phone to complete this process. This must be completed before the drivers meeting on the day of the event. There will not be any paper waivers or wristbands.
- Please understand that the steps above are the only way to register and participate in this event. If you show up and are unable or unwilling to register this way, you will not be able to participate.
- Face masks
- A properly worn face mask (covering nose and mouth) is required any time you are outside of your car.
- Loaner helmets
- Loaner helmets will not be available. This does not exempt you from the requirement to wear an approved helmet when you compete. Participants should not share helmets.
- Spectators, co-drivers, passengers
- Spectators are not allowed per Government Center Regulations.
- Co-drivers are limited to people who normally live together.
- Passengers (event participants riding in the same car who are not co-drivers) are prohibited.
- Driver’s meeting
- The driver’s meeting will be available on the public address system.
- The run work order will be posted at the event.
- Tech Inspection
- Entrants are required to fill out the self tech certification in the online registration form
- Course walking
- Entrants should follow social distancing guidelines (wearing face masks and maintaining a 6 ft. separation) while walking the course.
- There will not be a guided course walk.
- People who normally live together may walk together, but must wear face masks.
- Paddock and Grid
- These areas will be laid out to allow event operations and maintain social distancing. Please respect the markings as you use these areas.
- Worker stations
- Course workers (flag stations, starter, grid) are required to wear face masks.
- Course workers at the same work station should remain at least 6 feet apart.
- Only one person will handle the flag and radio. This person will also be responsible for sanitizing the equipment at the start and the end of the shift. The cleaning procedure will be demonstrated at the event.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own drinks for proper hydration during the event.
Sunday May 9, 2021
Driver's meeting (mandatory): 10:30 AM
First car off: 11:00 AM
Current PCA Member
Entrants must show the Event Registrar their valid driver's license.
Entrants will be required to work, work assignments will be posted at the timing table.
All drivers and passengers are required to wear a helmet. All helmets meeting the latest or two immediately preceding Snell Foundation standards (SA2015, SA2010, SAH2010, SA2005, M2015, M2010, M2005, , K2015, K2010, K2005, K98); SFI standards 31.1, FIA standards 8859-2015, 8860-2010, 8860-2004; or British spec BS6658-85 type A are acceptable.
Loaner helmets will not be available.