About this event
Watkins Glen International
May 2 & 3
Long Course Monday & NASCAR Short Course Tuesday
All Experience Levels Welcome
Featured Marque: $50 Off 2-day entry for Porsche,VW and Audi drivers.
- 4 Sessions on Track
- Professional Classroom Sessions
- $50 Off of a 2-day entry for BMW and MINI drivers
- Early Registration Special: Save $20 by registering before April 3rd
- Watkins Glen event entry fees are $419 ($599 novice drivers) retail for a single day or only $749 ($999 novice drivers) for a 2 day event.
- A reminder that drivers can sign up for either a single day, or sign up for a two consecutive day event and receive a discounted entry fee!
- Camping will be allowed for this event on Sunday and Monday night.
- Track Walk with corner by corner analysis of the track at the end of the day Monday with Enrique Guttin and 4 time national champion and Pirelli World Challenge Champion, SCDA president Elivan Goulart
- A limited number of arrive and drive rental Spec Miatas are available for this event
- The new LITTLE SPEED SHOP will be open on the far end of the garages for tire mounting/balancing and more!
- We will utilize the ultra smooth and just repaved 3.4 mile LONG COURSE configuration for MONDAY, May 2nd
- We will utilize the ultra smooth and just repaved 2.4 mile NASCAR SHORT COURSE configuration for TUESDAY, May 3rd
- GARAGES are available for this Event for an additional fee
- Novice entry fee is $599 and includes In car Instruction, Virtual and In-Person Classroom, Instructor for Lead-Shadow upon request
- Sign up with confidence- Covid 19 cancellation policy.
RUN GROUPS AVAILABLE at Watkins Glen MAY 2 & 3:
- NOVICE: The Green Group. (Newer track drivers with no experience to limited experience, typically novice drivers spend about 5 events in the novice group. Instructors are required and will be provided for In car instruction. If desired or uncomfortable with in-car instruction depending on COVID-19, lead shadow w/ radio communication is available )
- INTERMEDIATE 1: The Blue Run Group. (Must have prior experience driving solo without an instructor, at least 5 events driving solo)
- INTERMEDIATE 2: The White Run Group. (Must have considerable road course experience and at least 20 track events)
- ADVANCED: The Red Run Group. (Highest level- years of track experience)
Run Group Criteria:
See the comprehensive Run Group Criteria here. If you are unsure which group is the best fit, please email after registering.
Watkins Glen International Track Days & Schedule
- 2022 SCDA Watkins Glen Daily Schedule- May 2 Long course
- 2022 SCDA Watkins Glen Daily Schedule- May 3 Short course
Watkins Glen event entry fees are $419 ($599 novice drivers) retail for a single day or only $749 ($999 novice drivers) for a 2 day event.
Save $50 off a 2 DAY entry if you are driving a PORSCHE, AUDI, or VW!
Early Registration Special: Save $20 by registering before April 3rd
Please CONTINUE to Register:
The Sports Car Driving Association welcomes all driving enthusiasts to attend our events. In the interest of clarification, we would like to outline the basic criteria that should be met, in order to place you in the appropriate run group. We make every effort to ensure that drivers are placed in run groups with other drivers of comparable experience levels. This will ensure that run groups are balanced, safe and fun. This guideline is meant to serve as a tool to help you decide where you would fit in best within SCDA.
Sound Limit at this event: UNMUFFLED
Helmets with a SNELL SA-2015 rating or higher is REQUIRED for all SCDA Events
Helmets with an M-rating are not Acceptable. Motorcycle helmets do not have the proper safety requirements for car use by the SNELL Foundation.
Helmets MUST have one of these two labels on the inside.
Helmets may be available to rent for $50 upon request, limited sizes and rentals are available, PLEASE CHECK FIRST. If you are not able to get one prior to event, email us approximate size and we will add a helmet to your entry and charge $50 to card on file.
For safety reasons, all convertibles (Boxster, Miata, Corvette, BMW Z4, Honda S2000, Pontiac Solstice etc.) are required to have a roll bar that meets the following two criteria in order to be eligible to run during any event. 1) The roll bar must be in the fixed position and visible at all times. This means that roll bars which are designed to automatically deploy are not acceptable unless they are in the full upright and locked position at all times. 2) The roll bar must allow the driver to pass the “broomstick” test which means that the top of the drivers helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar to the top of the windshield. There are aftermarket roll bars and/or seats which can be used to help meet these requirements. If your convertible meets these standards, then you are welcome to participate! Factory hard tops are acceptable at most tracks, as well.
TECH INSPECTION FORM:
Self Tech. A dealer or certified mechanic is recommended. Please review the tech form.