About this event
No cones, no course-work, just RACING! TRACKSPRINT!!!
Join Tri-State Sports Car Council for some fun, timed runs at Autobahn Country Club!
Important note: If for any reason we are unable to hold this event and we (TSSCC and/or Autobahn CC) have to cancel it, your credit card will not be charged.
TrackSprint uses ¾ of a course -- sometimes North, sometimes South -- for a time attack run unlike any other event. Just you and your ride against the clock. No passing allowed, no wheel to wheel. Cars will be spaced at minimum intervals to get you maximum seat time. No transponders or fancy equipment needed, but please have numbers on your car which are legible from the timing tower (autocross rules apply here).
This is run similar to an autocross while being nowhere near as hard on your equipment. You will leave pit lane from a standing start when directed by the starter and attack the course. After turn six you will be tripping the finish timer, there will be a short cool down portion of the track remaining before you enter pit lane to restage for your next run. We start with three runs for each run group and evaluate total run count based on time remaining after everyone has 3 runs in the books. We do not guarantee any amount of time on track or more than 3 runs.
Driver check in starts 2½ hours prior to the event; arrive early with tech sheets due and helmets ready to be inspected. We do not offer vehicle technical inspection, we only verify.
No instructors are offered. Ride-alongs for other registered participants are not permitted at this time.
There will be a mandatory drivers meeting with in depth instructions on track etiquette 30 minutes before the course goes hot. Be there early - we will not wait for stragglers, and any competitors walking in late may be asked to leave; if you are found not in attendance, you WILL be asked to leave. No refunds, no exceptions. Information given at the meeting is crucial to EVERYONE.
Event Day Schedule
Please watch for updates to the event-day schedule. Plan to arrive early enough to check in with registration and get your car ready (remove loose items, change tires, etc.) to roll so you can be on time for the drivers meeting. Concessions will not be open so plan accordingly.
TrackSprint events at Autobahn have a 3 hour window during which we are allowed on track, closing at sun-down. Posted event times are the time at which the track goes hot.
On-site registration opens 2 ½ hours ahead of our start-time and closes 45 minutes prior. You MUST arrive on site with your self-tech sheet in-hand and be through registration before it closes. Workers are volunteers and need time to get their own cars prepped and ready before the drivers’ meeting.
The MANDATORY drivers’ meeting starts promptly 30 minutes before the first car is off. Be there, on time, ready to go.
Trophies are awarded 15-20 minutes after the course closes to permit our timing crew time to complete final audits, review and prepare final results, and deliver them.
- 1:00 PM - On-site registration check in opens
- 3:15 PM - On-site registration check in closes (if you are not checked in by 3:45 PM, you will not be allowed to run)
- 3:00 PM - Advance run group staging begins
- 3:30 PM - MANDATORY DRIVERS MEETING
- 4:00 PM - Published event time. Course goes HOT Advance run group first
- 7:00 PM - Course closed
- 7:10 PM (Approximately) - Trophy Presentation
Track Goes Hot
2:00 PM to 4:15 PM
1:00 PM to 3:15 PM
SCCA membership is required for this event. If you are not a member already, use the event for non-SCCA members, which includes the $15 weekend membership fee. This $15 can be applied toward an annual SCCA membership. Non-members will need to fill out the weekend membership form on-site. Members will need to show your membership card at the event; if you do not, you will need to pay for a weekend membership on-site.
$100 event fee
There is an additional $20 on-site registration fee the day of the event.
$5 TSSCC member
$20 early registration - ends 4 days before the event
TSSCC will be using SCCA Time Trial rules for this event. Please take the time to figure out which class your car belongs in prior to registering. Contact the registration team with any remaining questions.
Are you new?
- Arrive on Autobahn property and stop at main building and sign waiver.
- Proceed to registration, all people in attendance must additionally sign SCCA/TSSCC waiver.
- Return to car, make car race ready, and proceed to drivers meeting.
- We run rain or shine in all kinds of temperatures. However, the event will be temporarily suspended while lightning is observed in the immediate area. Please bring appropriate rain/cold/hot/sunny weather gear. Make sure you also bring something to cover and/or secure your gear while it is not in your car (plastic garbage bags or a tarp).
SAFETY AND TECH:
ALL vehicles must be inspected prior to arriving on-site. This will be your responsibility. Safety will be our top priority. The Tech Form can be found on the TSSCC website.
You must bring your own helmet meeting the SCCA guidelines to the tech line. Loaner helmets are unfortunately not available.
TSSCC will be using SCCA Time Trial rules for this event. Open wheel and mod cars will not be permitted.
Convertibles: It is highly recommended that all convertible vehicles be equipped with an aftermarket roll bar that meets or exceeds the standards set in the SCCA HILL CLIMB Safety Standards. However, TRACK EVENT Safety Standards requires the vehicle meets at least one of the following criteria and is not subject to any of the below exceptions:
- The vehicle is equipped with an aftermarket roll bar that meets or exceeds the standards set in the SCCA HILL CLIMB Safety Standards.
- The vehicle is equipped with documented factory installed roll over protection (examples of manufacture documented roll over protection would include hydroformed and reinforced a-pillars or windshield frames and factory installed roll bars and/or “popup” bars that are designated as roll over protection.
- The Vehicle is a 2006-year model or newer.
Convertible Exceptions: In addition, vehicles that were manufactured since 2006 that fall into any of the below categories must meet the criteria stated above for factory or aftermarket roll over protection:
- Vehicles equipped with factory V8 or forced induction engine
- Vehicles modified meaningfully beyond the factory performance potential (examples: engine swaps, aftermarket forced induction)
Note: Targa and T-Top vehicles are classified as "hard tops" and do not have to meet the terms and conditions of the convertible policy
TSSCC reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason.
- Event Lead: Erik Vandermey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sign the waiver at the gate as you enter the site.
- Check in at the pre-registration line and sign the waiver. You and your guests MUST sign both waivers!
- If changes need to be made to your personal information or car information, you must do so at Registration to update your information BEFORE registration closes.
- Registration closes 15 minutes before the drivers’ meeting to give workers time to prepare their cars and get everyone into the computer. If you have not completed your registration by then, you will not be able to participate.
- You must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license to enter. All entrants and guests MUST sign the waiver.
- You will present your driver’s license and tech sheet to the registrar.
- After checking you in and returning your driver’s license, the registrar will verify your information in the computer.
- Verify your car is ready to go; ALL loose items removed, numbers applied to the body panels of the car which meet SCCA requirements, tires checked, etc. Numbers MUST be on the side of the car and clearly legible for our timing crew.