About this event
Please join us for a 3 day Driver's Education event at New Jersey Motorsport Park's Lightning track.
At this event, we are offering the following run groups:
- Green: Our beginner instructed group, generally drivers with less than one full season of experience on track
- Blue: Our intermediate instructed group, generally drivers with a full season or more of experience on track
- White: Our intermediate non-instructed group, drivers who have been promoted to an RTR equivalent solo run group
- Red/Black: Our advanced/instructor run group, drivers who have been solo for many seasons or are an instructor with HPDE organizations; placement at the discretion of the Chief Instructor
READ THIS if you're new to Riesentöter Driver's Education (DE)
- I've never done a DE before. Awesome! So glad you decided to start! Please sign up in the GREEN run group.
You probably have a lot of questions so feel free to contact email@example.com - we're here to help you get comfortable and fall in love with Driver's Ed. We also urge you to read the Riesentöter Driver's Education Manual.
Note: DE is a high speed driving school - not a racing school - conducted on a race track under the supervision of experienced instructors. You'll learn how to control your vehicle at speeds not legally attained on public roads, which will help prepare you for emergencies in normal driving while exploring your capabilities as a driver and those of your vehicle. You won't be pushed to go any faster than is comfortable for you. Our participants are organized into run groups based on experience and skill, so you will be driving alongside people with similar capabilities.
- I've done DE, but never with Riesentöter. Welcome! Please sign up in the run group you think you belong in. We'll verify your experience with a PCA region (or similar club) you've recently driven with. Your actual run group will be determined by our Chief Instructor. Please note: New drivers aren't placed in our advanced (Black) group without a checkout ride, so don't get salty when the registrar tells you so - it's nothing personal.
- I'm an instructor, but I've never instructed with Riesentöter. Before signing up, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your PCA instructor number. If you don't have a PCA instructor number contact email@example.com to learn about our new instructor checkout process.
CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19
- These events have been planned to account for pandemic conditions as of January, 2021. If conditions change for the worse, we may be forced to adapt our events to ensure the safety of our drivers and instructors. If an event, or your registration, has to be canceled due to coronavirus, you will receive a full refund for any fees paid.
- Due to COVID-19, guests are not allowed at this event. You can bring up to 2 crew members who must be at least 18 years old with valid ID and must register for this event in MotorsportReg before the registration deadline. The driver needs to register first so that the Crew Member can select the driver during their registration.
- Masks are required when inside any building (including garages) and when interacting with other event participants. We encourage social distancing, including parking farther away from other cars than you normally would. We will not be sponsoring any social events.
- We are particularly concerned about in-car transmission. For that reason:
- Instructors will only have 1 student per weekend.
- Instructors are encouraged to use hand signals, and save explication for the paddock (where both student and instructor should wear masks).
- Communicators are allowed IF the student provides their own headset. Student Chatterbox headsets will be available for purchase at the event.
- No ridealongs other than members of the same household. At least one of the people must be an instructor and neither person can be assigned to instruct another student or be instructed by someone else.
- UPDATED MAY 2021! Please see our current COVID-19 procedures.
- In any case where track rules or guidelines issued by the state where the track is located conflict with Riesentoter procedures, the stricter rule shall be followed.
At Riesentöter events, instructors pay half. Prices go up 10% in the final 2 weeks of registration.
|Friday||Sat & Sun||Fri-Sun|
|On/before 05/23, attendees pay||$300||$400||$500|
|On/before 05/23, instructors pay||$150||$200||$250|
|As of 05/24, attendees pay||$330||$440||$550|
|As of 05/24, instructors pay||$165||$220||$275|
04/18 Last day for no-fee cancellation (see below)
04/19 Credit cards charged beginning on
05/24 Prices go up on
06/04 Last day for registration
06/04 Last day for cancellation (see below)
06/05 Club tech inspection event at Porsche Conshohocken
06/13 Pre-event welcome packet emailed to drivers
06/17 Trailer drop off (evening - see welcome packet for exact timing)
06/18 Event begins
The cancellation deadline for this event is Friday June 4, 2021. NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS WILL BE ISSUED AFTER THIS DATE.
You can cancel without incurring any charge up to 04/18/21.
We have a $25 cancellation fee for refunds. Cancellations occurring between 04/19/21 and 06/04/21 will be issued in your choice of a refund to your credit card (your registration fee minus $25) or a 100% credit in MotorsportReg. Credits can be applied to any future Riesentöter Driver's Ed event through 12/31/22, at which time the credit, if unused, will expire.
SHARING A CAR
Due to the pandemic neither Instructors nor Intro, Green or Blue students are permitted to share a vehicle, including with members of their same household. This means, advanced drivers who are NOT instructing at the event may share a vehicle with members of their own household.
Due to COVID-19, guests are not allowed at this event. You can bring up to 2 crew members who must be at least 18 years old with valid ID and must register for this event in MotorsportReg before the registration deadline. The driver needs to register first so that the Crew Member can select the driver during their registration.
Licensed drivers 18 and older
All drivers must be 18 or older and present their valid driver's license at registration on their first morning of the event. If you cannot present your driver's license, you will not be allowed on track.
Drivers must wear a helmet with a Snell SA/M 2015 or 2020 rating.
2010-spec helmets are no longer permitted. Check your helmet before your first event - you will not be allowed to participate if you bring an outdated helmet.
NJMP requires full-face helmets.
Mandatory pre-event tech inspection
All cars must be inspected by a qualified mechanic using the current RTR inspection form. The inspection must take place no more than 2 weeks before the event.
If you live in the RTR region your inspection needs to be done by an RTR approved inspector. For your convenience, we will hold an inspection event on Saturday June 5, 2021 at Porsche Conshohocken; at that event, the cost of inspection is $20.
If you live outside of the RTR region, please have your car inspected by your local dealer or an ASE certified mechanic who is familiar with your marque. The mechanic must use the current RTR inspection form.
RTR events are open to passenger cars of all marques (sorry no trucks or open wheel cars). See below for info on convertibles and electric vehicles. Please check the RTR inspection form for additional details regarding vehicle requirements.
Vehicles With Multi-Point Harness Systems
If you are driving a vehicle with a multi-point harness system (5 point harness, 6 point harness, etc) you must utilize a head and neck restraint system, also known as a HANS device. The head and neck restraint device must meet either SFI 38.1 or FIA 8858 or its successor.
For more information, please see: Driver Education Minimum Standards
Before registering, please review the specific safety requirements for your car on the RTR inspection form.
- You must be able to pass the "broomstick test" (your helmet must fit below an imaginary line between the roll bar and top of the windshield) when seated in your driving position.
- If you will drive your car with the top down/off, you must wear arm restraints. If you will have an instructor, or hope to get a checkout ride, you must provide arm restraints for your instructor too.
- Convertibles with only "pop up" roll over protection (such as the Porsche 996, 997 & 991) are NOT allowed at New Jersey Motorsports Park. In order to use your car at this event, you must install a fixed roll bar. Having a hardtop does not replace the need for fixed rollover protection.
Electric vehicles are not permitted at New Jersey Motorsports Park.
Cars with Collision Avoidance/Automatic Emergency Braking Systems
All collision avoidance/auto braking systems must be turned off when you are on track. Please review your car's manual to understand how your system works and how to turn it off. If the system needs to be turned off each time you start the car, be sure to work that into your run session prep routine. Please don't confuse these systems with stability management systems that should remain ON while driving on track.
*** Please be sure to read ALL of the NJMP Rules & Regulations including Chapter 62) before registering/attending our NJMP Lightning event. ***